Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Nvidia Sheild App crash in director mode

Reaction score
Heads up, the Director mode crashes my Nvidia Sheild. I know some operators use the Sheild. If your having other issues i would like to know about it.

The version I am using comes from the DJI website. I also use Galaxy S6 and it seems to be working.

The latest App version crashes my Samsung Galaxy Alpha as well, the moment I choose Director. Even have to remove the battery to reboot. Or wait several minutes before I finally can kill the app. Unacceptable.
App also crashed 2 times during 2 flights yesterday. Not to mention the regular drop in video feed, black screen, 'no connection' warnings (even at the times the feed WAS ok).

My buddy, flying along with me, uses the Shield and experienced the 'no connection' message and occasional black outs and freeze of OS data as well.

Heads up, the Director mode crashes my Nvidia Sheild. I know some operators use the Sheild. If your having other issues i would like to know about it.

The version I am using comes from the DJI website. I also use Galaxy S6 and it seems to be working.
I don't really understand why the director exist but had to test after this post.
And tried with my shield.
First chrash when trying to download sample clip. Next chrash when i hit save on my first work. No film saved.

My biggest suggestion to dji. Delete this junk and focus on useful functions!

Skickat från min SHIELD Tablet via Tapatalk

I don't really understand why the director exist but had to test after this post.
And tried with my shield.
First chrash when trying to download sample clip. Next chrash when i hit save on my first work. No film saved.

My biggest suggestion to dji. Delete this junk and focus on useful functions!

Skickat från min SHIELD Tablet via Tapatalk
Yup - It's useless bloatware that has been badly written and is of no practical use to any serious videographer.
DJI have already shown they know nothing about cameras with the Inspire effort (4k at 60mbps is just laughable) - 1080 is only 'just' useable for serious work and that's a struggle.
They have now shown they know nothing about editing software functionality (The Director feature is a useless non functional gimmick)
They should concentrate on developing UAV's which is what they excel at.

****...... I'm in one of those moods today !!! :p

Reactions: crashburn
DJI should offer a "full version" and a "light version".I really don't understand this b***llsh**t director stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters