Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NYC Drone Flying

Reaction score
There has been a lot of conflicting advice about where a drone can be flown in NYC. Some threads have stated that it is legal to fly in a few parks in Brooklyn. I called the NYC parks department today and they stated it is illegal to fly a drone anywhere in the NYC vicinity. There are no parks where it is legal. Can anyone tell me where the closest legal place to fly a drone is to NYC?

Reactions: hellochriscole
There has been a lot of conflicting advice about where a drone can be flown in NYC. Some threads have stated that it is legal to fly in a few parks in Brooklyn. I called the NYC parks department today and they stated it is illegal to fly a drone anywhere in the NYC vicinity. There are no parks where it is legal. Can anyone tell me where the closest legal place to fly a drone is to NYC?
As a hobbyist, use the B4UFLY app and see where you can fly.

In Brooklyn Calvert Vaux and Marine Park are the only parks where you are allowed to fly.
This is according to NYC Parks Services Model Aircraft Fields : NYC Parks

I plan to talk to some of our Brooklyn Representatives about making more parks open for flying drones.

Reactions: hellochriscole
and a tomato is a fruit... I didnt say they weren't. It doesn't help PR. Good luck getting permission to fly places by starting the convo with "drone"

I'd take someone calling it an appropriate name more seriously than something silly like 'my flying camera'.

I fly a real helicopter with an X5R attached to an OSMO protected from the wind by a special gyro-stabilized camera box. Here's some test footage I shot over NYC the other day. If any of you need NYC aerials or anything else that UAVs can't do, give me a call!

Hello Everyone,

We are from the Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology UAV Club. We will be hosting International Drone Day at here at the Institution on May 6, 2017.

We will be hosting several workshops including: Computer Aided Design, Learn to Build a Drone, and Programming with Python. We will also have a representative from DJI-USA at the event as well as Zero Gravity FPV Racing Team.

If you own a drone, we invite you to bring your own drone to fly in our hangar!

If you have any questions feel free to contact us at [email protected]!

Register Here!
International Drone Day

Reactions: Mike K.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44