Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NYC Drone pilot demo reel

Reaction score
Website
www.utcinema.com
Our latest Aerial Drone Cinematography show demo reel.
We've shot a lot around New York City for Italian RAI TV show Linea Blu, for a music video Matt Dubb - "Sababa", and other small projects. Also it includes many shots from a project "A tempestuous isle of 1,000 shipwrecks" that we filmed for BBC in Canada. Aerial drone demo reel from BBC project also available on our website www.utcinema.com

No it isn't. Kinda wondering how many waivers he needed.
Great reel!

Nicely situated shots! A lot of class G beneath bravo airspace.

This is the last week that it will be legal to fly around the Statue of Liberty!

At least wait till after 3 PM, there is a huge TFR in place for VIP movements!

He should be playing golf.
As much as I would like to, I can't do it. Between our Camnader and chief and city ordinances I haven't been able to do much flying. But thanks for the heads up I got that FAA app keeps me informed on VIP movement.

Liberty state park entrapment for droners.
Do you know what part of Jersey Is near lady liberty. Would be nice to have some footage.
Just outside the park is some private property.
It's a straight 1mile as the crow flies to the SOL. Go slow, lots of seagulls. Helicopters usually circle counter clockwise at 500-700ft but I've seen passing helis at 200-300. Good thing is you can hear th long before they arrive so just drop if you hear one. Good luck and see you out there!

Yeah so all this time it's been legal. I should take the 1 train down there tomorrow and get my film on. Since its apparently legal at this point of time.
Last call.

Do not operate over the island. It is a National Park.

8862b9250f14658fb4de9f320492b9d2.jpg

Reactions: slim.slamma
actually what that means is don't take off or land from the national park.
you can still legally fly over the park as thats what the FAA will make illegal on thursday.
all while never over people.
The ground belongs to the local authorities, the air to the FAA and your *** to DJI ;)

Reactions: utcinema
that ruling is definitely pro-drone, but you still can't take off from city property. what it means to us practically, is we can take off from private property (with permission) and fly over city property (always safely and not over people of course) within FAA rules.
the park is not "local" because its a national park...

all that aside Im headed out this week to get some footage and have some fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44