Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Obstacle Avoidance System is dead ... (SOLVED)

Reaction score
All of the sudden I've noticed that OAS on my Inspire 2 is gone. No matter what I do I can't activate it, the OAS icon remains alarmingly red. Bottom sensors seem to work since landing gear automatically reacts to ground proximity. Dare to test upward facing sensors ... No reason for panic since I never rely on OAS and don't care about radar display, but still Is good to have it in case of emergency RTH ... Otherwise the machine is perfect. Possible ideas other than sending the bird for fix?

Last edited:
Reactions: Black Sky
All of the sudden I've noticed that OAS on my Inspire 2 is gone. No matter what I do I can't activate it. Bottom sensors seem to work since landing gear automatically reacts to ground proximity. Dare to test upward facing sensors ... No reason for panic since I never rely on OAS and don't care about radar display, but still Is good to have it in case of emergency RTH ... Otherwise the machine is perfect. Possible ideas other than sending the bird for fix?
My i2 says the same thing and I did 5 updates and everything single calibration on the cendence and crystal sky a calibration board and still the same thing. I tried to see if they are working and they do but like I said it does work. Try it and see if they are working

My i2 says the same thing and I did 5 updates and everything single calibration on the cendence and crystal sky a calibration board and still the same thing. I tried to see if they are working and they do but like I said it does work. Try it and see if they are working
Aha, that is possible! Will try despite stubborn warnings issued by Go4 app.

Aha, that is possible! Will try despite stubborn warnings issued by Go4 app.
My saying the same thing and it was driving me crazy so I said the hell with it and I tried to fly it into my garage and it stopped so it's working even though it says it doesn't.

My saying the same thing and it was driving me crazy so I said the hell with it and I tried to fly it into my garage and it stopped so it's working even though it says it doesn't.
All is OK, Joe! Just went to the park nearby, set OA to on, let her hover 2m above ground and start walking toward. She still loves me, sending polite warnings! It turned out that Inspire 2 must be launched with gear up to actually kick the sensors on and issue warnings and radar (if required). Once landed, the OAS icon turns red back into confusing disability. This is different from what Phantom 4 Pro is offering, which confused me even more. Huh, learning something new everyday :confused:...

Last edited:
All of the sudden I've noticed that OAS on my Inspire 2 is gone. No matter what I do I can't activate it, the OAS icon remains alarmingly red. Bottom sensors seem to work since landing gear automatically reacts to ground proximity. Dare to test upward facing sensors ... No reason for panic since I never rely on OAS and don't care about radar display, but still Is good to have it in case of emergency RTH ... Otherwise the machine is perfect. Possible ideas other than sending the bird for fix?
Yeah both of our air use inspire 2s are doing the same thing.....we just ignore it but it is annoying. Our cresendence is lacking range as well?

Reactions: Joe Perez
Yeah both of our air use inspire 2s are doing the same thing.....we just ignore it but it is annoying. Our cresendence is lacking range as well?
No, my Cendence is working fine, can't complain. With decent flight attitude can do 2-2.5 km away, but rarely need to fly that far. As for Inspire 2 OAS confusion, once you acknowledge and accept this behavior there's nothing to worry about. The system is manageable from within Go4 app, the only confusing bug is with red icon and warnings on screen before launch.

I hear people say they are flying 3 and 4 miles an I don't believe it because this is my 2nd i2 and they are flying the same distance. This is one of the reason why I bought the cendence remote and the patch antenna and I have the GPS module and it didn't make any difference at all but at least I can use the video footage my first one I couldn't use any footage at all it was horrible. Thanks and take care ?

I hear people say they are flying 3 and 4 miles an I don't believe it because this is my 2nd i2 and they are flying the same distance. This is one of the reason why I bought the cendence remote and the patch antenna and I have the GPS module and it didn't make any difference at all but at least I can use the video footage my first one I couldn't use any footage at all it was horrible. Thanks and take care ?
Joe, don't get too excited about maximum range of your Inspire. This parameter is extremely dependable on environment. Last year I made 6 km flight one way above Kootenay Plains in Canadian Rockies and had to RTH due to fuel shortage. But there's no WiFi or cellular tower in 50 km radius, and VLOS was maintained all the time. In populated areas I can make 2, maybe 3 km at 200 m attitude before the transmission starts breaking due to heavy radio interference.

That's really good but like I think I told you that I have lots of trees where I live and in the winter I can fly half the way across the Hudson river from my house and that really far but it's with my mavic pro. I have sent the remote control to drone world and I have 3 different antennas. I can't believe they went out of business. If anyone could get you way Further distance on a drone they could.

That's really good but like I think I told you that I have lots of trees where I live and in the winter I can fly half the way across the Hudson river from my house and that really far but it's with my mavic pro. I have sent the remote control to drone world and I have 3 different antennas. I can't believe they went out of business. If anyone could get you way Further distance on a drone they could.
Naturally you know that any obstacle on VLOS will immediately distract or cut down the transmission. Even humid air will do that, but buildings and trees foliage are common troublemakers. That's why in winter you have better radio communication. In addition new Mavics are using Ocusync transmission protocol, different in principles than Inspire's Lightbridge system and supposedly better at long range. Start cutting trees on your property :D ...

Naturally you know that any obstacle on VLOS will immediately distract or cut down the transmission. Even humid air will do that, but buildings and trees foliage are common troublemakers. That's why in winter you have better radio communication. In addition new Mavics are using Ocusync transmission protocol, different in principles than Inspire's Lightbridge system and supposedly better at long range. Start cutting trees on your property :D ...
Yes you're absolutely right but all the drone say they can go futher then they actually can. I have an rc plane that could go for probably 8 to 10 miles but once you can't see it your screwed I have a spectrum remote control and the receiver that changes channels every 3 seconds. I used to fly rc planes but their's no place to fly and you have to join a club to fly and I don't have time to drive an hour just to find a place to fly. It's gotten really bad for hobbyist. I don't want to give up because I love flying and I have been doing it for 14 years.

Yes you're absolutely right but all the drone say they can go futher then they actually can. I have an rc plane that could go for probably 8 to 10 miles but once you can't see it your screwed I have a spectrum remote control and the receiver that changes channels every 3 seconds. I used to fly rc planes but their's no place to fly and you have to join a club to fly and I don't have time to drive an hour just to find a place to fly. It's gotten really bad for hobbyist. I don't want to give up because I love flying and I have been doing it for 14 years.
Joe, apparently we are expecting different things from this hobby ... I'm a landscape photographer and to me extended video transmission range means a lot. But (pardon my ignorance) what is the purpose of recreational UAV flight beyond VLOS without seeing the aircraft up there and observing its performance :) ?...

Joe, apparently we are expecting different things from this hobby ... I'm a landscape photographer and to me extended video transmission range means a lot. But (pardon my ignorance) what is the purpose of recreational UAV flight beyond VLOS without seeing the aircraft up there and observing its performance :) ?...
Absolutely the only thing where it could be good for is Emergency use only. That's if you're looking for someone lost in the woods or trying to get a video of something that is not Accessible and would not be breaking the rules and regulations. Other than that their is no Reason to fly way out of sight. Thanks it's been nice talking to you take care and I hope we don't have any more problems good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters