Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Odd behavior while rotating holding the Osmo

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I got an Osmo, in fact this my second one as I returned the first one because while facing me the osmo wouldn't keep me in the frame as I spun around at least when I spun aorund one side.
I am walking about and recording myself as I turn to one side the camera stay centered on me, which is good and expected.

However if I turn to the other side the OSMO turns and takes me out of the frame completely.
This happens while the camera is on me. Anyone else experiencing this? Both Osmos do the same exact thing so it cant be an isolated issue.

The test is simple face the camera toward you, spin right and see if the camera moves, then spin left while holding the camera straight. It will move when you turn in one direction but not the other.

This is really frustrating and I wanted to see any you guys have this problem as well.

Thanks,
Adrian

The first try I did responded like this, but after triple-pressing a 2nd time to recenter it became symmetrical.

That didn't work for me, the only thing that helps is me twisting my wrist to compensate for the deviation.

I will post a video example tomorrow.

Even when it gets symmetrical you'll have to twist your wrist if you want precise follow, you'll just have to do it both ways.
Or you can tune the Follow settings more to your liking, remembering that obviously the amount of stabilization is inversely proportional to how closely it will follow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry