Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Offloading X5R footage in the field

Reaction score
For X5R folks: this might be helpful.

I found this portable 4TB 220MB/s USB 3.0 Seagate external drive I plan to use with my laptop and 4 X5R SSDs in the field to dump footage onto until I get back to my home base with the large external TB array. Weighs less then 300g and is only $179, which I thought was reasonable.

Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB Portable External Hard Drive

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HXAV0X6

For X5R folks: this might be helpful.

I found this portable 4TB 220MB/s USB 3.0 Seagate external drive I plan to use with my laptop and 4 X5R SSDs in the field to dump footage onto until I get back to my home base with the large external TB array. Weighs less then 300g and is only $179, which I thought was reasonable.

Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB Portable External Hard Drive

Amazon.com: Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB Portable External Hard Drive with 200GB of Cloud Storage & Mobile Device Backup USB 3.0 (STDA4000100): Computers & Accessories

let us know how it works, i had a lot of cheap portable disk that died on me. you have to be very careful with mechanical disk or they may suffer and get corrupted beyond reparable (in a cost effective way) specially in offroad trips.

let us know how it works, i had a lot of cheap portable disk that died on me. you have to be very careful with mechanical disk or they may suffer and get corrupted beyond reparable (in a cost effective way) specially in offroad trips.

Yeah, note that if you are doing this for a living you probably want a portable drive with at least RAID 1, but that cuts capacity in half so something like two WD MyPassport Pro 4TB units would be a better solution for working Pros.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters