Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Online Or Paper Registration?

Reaction score
Is there any advantage of applying for an N # using the paper method over registering through the FAA's website? I've already reserved my N # and have filled out the affidavit, 8050 etc. But have yet to mail it in.
I recently saw that you can now register online but it doesn't assign you an N#, it's an FA registration #.

Does it matter at all which way to go?

If your 333 exemption says you have to have an N number you are required to do so. My guess is that they will phase the N number out soon. Although to fill out a UAS Civil COA you have to input a valid N number. The online form will not accept the online registration number. I am not sure if you can use the online registration number to fill out a NOTAM either.

Reactions: ianwood
to hold a 333 your birds must all have n numbers.

not true. when i filed i got a n for one of my birds, but after it was granted. i was told to use the online registration for my new birds. thus now i have a bird that i did the online registration. i have lots of birds by the way lol. and buy new birds all the time.

not true. when i filed i got a n for one of my birds, but after it was granted. i was told to use the online registration for my new birds. thus now i have a bird that i did the online registration. i have lots of birds by the way lol. and buy new birds all the time.
Well I guess my 333 is different from yours. Here's paragraph # 23 on mine;
Capture.PNG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg