Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Online place that shows all No Fly Zones that Inspire respects

Reaction score
I know there are apps that will show you where drones are safe to fly....I'm looking for a regular website ( not an app ) that will show where these locations are. I searched the forum and google a bit but didn't have any luck. Thanks for any suggestions!

I know there are apps that will show you where drones are safe to fly....I'm looking for a regular website ( not an app ) that will show where these locations are. I searched the forum and google a bit but didn't have any luck. Thanks for any suggestions!
Go into Google, type in "DJI No Fly Zones".... BAM!

First hit you come to http://flysafe.dji.com/no-fly

Job done. :)

Go into Google, type in "DJI No Fly Zones".... BAM!

First hit you come to No Fly Zones | DJI

Job done. :)

Thanks again for your helpful response… I did some googling beforehand but was mystified as to why none of the airports in my area are showing up on the dji no fly map. So it looks like the number one response on google is misleading people into thinking it is safe to fly.

The airmap.io seems to be exactly what I was looking for... Thanks TJ!

Reactions: Tj_
Thanks again for your helpful response… I did some googling beforehand but was mystified as to why none of the airports in my area are showing up on the dji no fly map. So it looks like the number one response on google is misleading people into thinking it is safe to fly.

The airmap.io seems to be exactly what I was looking for... Thanks TJ!
Don't forget - At the end of the day it is UP TO YOU to determine whether it is safe/legal to fly or not. Every flight you make YOU are responsible for the aircraft and the safety of that flight.
You should never rely on an 'app' or artificially imposed 'No Fly' restriction as a 'Green Light' that it is ok to fly there. Just because the Inspire allows you to take off in a particular location does not mean it is OK/legal to do so.
As an example, less than 2 miles from me is a military air force base. There are no DJI No-Fly zones embedded and the Inspire will fly quite happily unrestricted up and down the runways all day. If I tried it though, I know what would happen.
Additionally no danger zones are marked on any DJI maps/software but launching or flying in say an EGD designated area will land you in hot water very quickly.
I am just saying do not necessarily think because your Inspire will fly somewhere it's OK to.

Reactions: Wesmann
Don't forget - At the end of the day it is UP TO YOU to determine whether it is safe/legal to fly or not. Every flight you make YOU are responsible for the aircraft and the safety of that flight.
You should never rely on an 'app' or artificially imposed 'No Fly' restriction as a 'Green Light' that it is ok to fly there. Just because the Inspire allows you to take off in a particular location does not mean it is OK/legal to do so.
As an example, less than 2 miles from me is a military air force base. There are no DJI No-Fly zones embedded and the Inspire will fly quite happily unrestricted up and down the runways all day. If I tried it though, I know what would happen.
Additionally no danger zones are marked on any DJI maps/software but launching or flying in say an EGD designated area will land you in hot water very quickly.
I am just saying do not necessarily think because your Inspire will fly somewhere it's OK to.

I agree. I work at a Naval Air Station and we are not on the DJI no fly list. Just check a VFR sectional and make sure you aren't in controlled airspace. If you are in controlled airspace, just call the controlling agency (normally airfield operations officer or manager) and request a flight in their airspace. They will gather some information from you but it shouldn't be a problem, as long as you're operating for recreation - might want to lead turn that by a couple of days though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry