Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Only allowed 100' up, and 100' out today?

Reaction score
I am a Part 107 commercial operator. I was doing a real estate job with my Inspire 1 V1. I used an iPad 2 Cellular, but I don't have it connected to AT&T. I turned on the transmitter, then the Inspire, then the iPad. Before I even opened DJI GO, I got a message that said something about can't connect to Auto????, need to register or can't register with DJI and a few more words in the message which I don't remember. I just hit the Home button on the iPad, and it went away. I then opened DJI GO and all was good. No indications I needed to update anything. I am on the latest firmware V 1.11.01.50, Controller V 1.7.80, App 3.1.15. When I put the bird up, it only allowed me to go to a 100' altitude and 100' distance. I was out in the country not near anything. When I got back home, I used all the same equipment, and I had no restrictions. I went up to 400', and out over 1000' with no issue, and there I am 4 miles from an unmanned, no tower small airport. I get the message indicating that, and I close it and fly. Any ideas of what caused that?

Had you logged into your DJI account after last fw update?
(Prior to going out in the field)
If not that was likely the cause.

I am a Part 107 commercial operator. I was doing a real estate job with my Inspire 1 V1. I used an iPad 2 Cellular, but I don't have it connected to AT&T. I turned on the transmitter, then the Inspire, then the iPad. Before I even opened DJI GO, I got a message that said something about can't connect to Auto????, need to register or can't register with DJI and a few more words in the message which I don't remember. I just hit the Home button on the iPad, and it went away. I then opened DJI GO and all was good. No indications I needed to update anything. I am on the latest firmware V 1.11.01.50, Controller V 1.7.80, App 3.1.15. When I put the bird up, it only allowed me to go to a 100' altitude and 100' distance. I was out in the country not near anything. When I got back home, I used all the same equipment, and I had no restrictions. I went up to 400', and out over 1000' with no issue, and there I am 4 miles from an unmanned, no tower small airport. I get the message indicating that, and I close it and fly. Any ideas of what caused that?
DJI firmware 30m restriction.. Are they fixing it?

I was logged in. The only difference between the restricted flight and my test flight afterward back at home is that the iPad had an internet connection. There was no message about login and I had no flight restriction.

The log in and out isn't fixing the problem for all of us.It's happening to a few of us still no matter how many times you log in and out. Only combat to the problem I've found is to open the app last in the start up sequence. If you rush it on startup. Like turn your controller on, fire the bird up and open the app within about 5 seconds after the bird battery is turned on you'll have the restrictions. I just wait till the camera is done moving then open the app and it's fine.

I was logged in. The only difference between the restricted flight and my test flight afterward back at home is that the iPad had an internet connection. There was no message about login and I had no flight restriction.
Actually that is what I did. Remote on first, then the bird, waited for the camera to stop, then powered up the iPad and got the login message even before I open the DJI GO app. Vey disappointing. Good news is I was still able to finish the job at the 100' altitude and distance.

Actually that is what I did. Remote on first, then the bird, waited for the camera to stop, then powered up the iPad and got the login message even before I open the DJI GO app. Vey disappointing. Good news is I was still able to finish the job at the 100' altitude and distance.
Only difference for me is I always put the iPad in airplane mode before I fly.

My guess is it wanted you to log in ,even tho you already where or may have been ,because it noticed you changed locations from where you logged in before. That has happened to me twice and both times I was hooked to my hotspot that I had with me so since then I've always used airplane mode.

My guess is it wanted you to log in ,even tho you already where or may have been ,because it noticed you changed locations from where you logged in before. That has happened to me twice and both times I was hooked to my hotspot that I had with me so since then I've always used airplane mode.
That's interesting... (I have been having similar problems). I just noticed that my Go app (iOS) has "location while using app" turned on. I wonder what will happen if I turn this off (in iOS general settings)? Does the app think I've moved locations by using the the RC GPS or does it use iOS location services? The app doesn't need a GPS fix from the app/tablet for flying as the Inspire RC has inbuilt GPS for a dynamic home point fix doesn't it?
I do use airplane mode, but sometimes I only turn it on just before I fly. Perhaps the app is running in the background beforehand and realises that I've moved...
I wish there was a simple guide to the startup/login procedure to ensure that we don't run into these issues when flying in areas where there is no cell/internet coverage

That's interesting... (I have been having similar problems). I just noticed that my Go app (iOS) has "location while using app" turned on. I wonder what will happen if I turn this off (in iOS general settings)? Does the app think I've moved locations by using the the RC GPS or does it use iOS location services? The app doesn't need a GPS fix from the app/tablet for flying as the Inspire RC has inbuilt GPS for a dynamic home point fix doesn't it?
I do use airplane mode, but sometimes I only turn it on just before I fly. Perhaps the app is running in the background beforehand and realises that I've moved...
I wish there was a simple guide to the startup/login procedure to ensure that we don't run into these issues when flying in areas where there is no cell/internet coverage
Best thing for ya to do if at all possible is to go back an app update or 2. Go to 3.1.14 or 3.1.13 if you saved them. 3.1.15 is being played with by dji and they still haven't figured it out yet. Last week I deleted 3.1.15 then reinstalled it to see if they fixed the 30 m restrictions yet and they did but now there are image transmission issues and compass error problems and getting a gray screen while recording 4K video. They also brought back 120 fps in 1080, but you'll notice the app version number still remains the same. Dji seems to be good at doing this not only with their apps but with firmware also. So don't delete it and reinstall it like I did. Live with the restrictions problem for now till they get this figured out. I just switched back over to my android tablet and it works perfectly fine with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc