Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Operating commercially inside a no fly zone

Reaction score
Hi, I am currently in the process of starting my aerial filming business and obtaining my PFAW. I have already got lots of plans and ideas, my question is.....If I was to work with a football club to obtain images from above the stadium, how do I go about getting the DJI enforced geofencing removed enabling me to fly within the ground as currently the area is marked off in a red circle around the stadium on the DJI Go app? I do apologize in advance if this topic has been covered in length anywhere as I have searched around.

Thanks for any help

Is that fully functional now or is it still in Beta.
Still beta and you need to run beta firmware v1.7.
Currently it is only available in public beta for Android.
@kie1an - if you are working (or considering working) a stadium venue there maybe other consideration to take into account over and above the obvious CAP722 166/7.
There are other restrictions and regulations that come into play if large numbers of people are involved (from memory CAP747) such as spectators etc.
Also consider releases, additional insurance restrictions and full venue risk assessment form an enclosed stadium environment.

Reactions: PrimeMotivator
Still beta and you need to run beta firmware v1.7.
Currently it is only available in public beta for Android.
@kie1an - if you are working (or considering working) a stadium venue there maybe other consideration to take into account over and above the obvious CAP722 166/7.
There are other restrictions and regulations that come into play if large numbers of people are involved (from memory CAP747) such as spectators etc.
Also consider releases, additional insurance restrictions and full venue risk assessment form an enclosed stadium environment.

Ok thank you for the advice, I would be talking about an empty stadium which makes things a lot easier and reduces the risk element.

Ok thank you for the advice, I would be talking about an empty stadium which makes things a lot easier and reduces the risk element.
Ahh.gotcha.
Just remember, risk assessment still needs to be done and things like staff wandering around/entrances and exits etc.
Also, personnel briefing with regards to safety, abort area/procedure etc.
All will become crystal clear when you've completed your PFAW.:)

Good luck....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry