Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Opinions on lenses

Reaction score
Hi all

I started a thread on the X5S forum the other day but no one has given me their opinion. I found a couple of Olympus M.Zuiko Digital pro lenses that have a wider telephoto range than the standard prime lenses so would need just two lenses to cover from 7 mm up to 40 mm all at F2.8. This would be instead of four or five separate lenses with no telephoto capability
I need to know if they are compatible with the I2. The lenses are Olympus M.Zuiko Digital pro 7-14mm and the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital pro 12-40mm.

Any help on this would be welcome!

Thanks

Doubt either one will work as the Olympus Pro series of lenses are too heavy. Some are large at the front and may strike the gimbal or ground on starting up. One of yours is >300 grams, and second is >500 grams. Working weight of gimbal is around 156 grams although some push it to 200 grams. Some have been getting Gimbal Overload notices even with the approved lens list on DJI's site as GO 4 has evolved which might be valid concern or not.

We have not seen or used either of these Digi Pro lenses. Echoing the above mentioned by @Casey53, these seem far too heavy and I would be concerned about gimbal motor strain/overload running a lens of this weight that is not DJI's compatibility list. Sure would be nice to cover 7-40 with two 2.8 lenses.

Hi all

I started a thread on the X5S forum the other day but no one has given me their opinion. I found a couple of Olympus M.Zuiko Digital pro lenses that have a wider telephoto range than the standard prime lenses so would need just two lenses to cover from 7 mm up to 40 mm all at F2.8. This would be instead of four or five separate lenses with no telephoto capability
I need to know if they are compatible with the I2. The lenses are Olympus M.Zuiko Digital pro 7-14mm and the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital pro 12-40mm.

Any help on this would be welcome!

Thanks
For best results use prime lenses. I personally use Olympus 12/25/45mm that produce very good results, The 45mm on the I1 had issues including horizon faults, like with all lenses especially with video make sure your Fstop is around 4-5.6 for lowest CA and sharpness, consider a good polariser such as Hoya Revo Multi AR for £40, really great for extra punch.
FYI I'm shooting often the largest construction site in Europe meaning i'm looking for the best detail in stills & video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla