Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Optimal iPad storage size for the Inspire 1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have searched high and low and I've found plenty of opinion on the best tablet/phone to be used with the Inspire 1 (iPad Air 2/iPad Mini 4/iPad Pro) but I can't seem to find anything on required storage size.

I have just ordered a second hand Inspire 1 Pro which should be here in a week and I have to get myself a tablet to go with it. It will only be used for the drone (DJI Go/Hover etc) and not filled with Angry Birds or iTunes songs.

Would 32gb be enough or do people recommend going bigger? I'd love to hear people's thoughts and get some advice.

32 is enough.
I have a16Gb iPad Mini 3 and even that's more than enough as a dedicated tablet. The Go app doesn't use more than 2Gb for caching video (which overwrites itself), you need some Gb's for caching maps and the rest you can use to store clips to play with in Director (if that's what you would want to do).
Having 32 makes life a bit easier though. But I still would recommend to keep the tablet dedicated for your I1.

Reactions: Stygmatah
Thank
32 is enough.
I have a16Gb iPad Mini 3 and even that's more than enough as a dedicated tablet. The Go app doesn't use more than 2Gb for caching video (which overwrites itself), you need some Gb's for caching maps and the rest you can use to store clips to play with in Director (if that's what you would want to do).
Having 32 makes life a bit easier though. But I still would recommend to keep the tablet dedicated for your I1.
Thanks so much mate. That answer was exactly what I was after. I had a sneaking suspicion that this would be the case but wanted to confirm.

Reactions: lake_flyer
I have an ipad mini 2 which I have used for a year as a dedicated tablet for my Inspire 1 pro. No problems at all. (32gb-no cell)

Hi everyone, I have searched high and low and I've found plenty of opinion on the best tablet/phone to be used with the Inspire 1 (iPad Air 2/iPad Mini 4/iPad Pro) but I can't seem to find anything on required storage size.

I have just ordered a second hand Inspire 1 Pro which should be here in a week and I have to get myself a tablet to go with it. It will only be used for the drone (DJI Go/Hover etc) and not filled with Angry Birds or iTunes songs.

Would 32gb be enough or do people recommend going bigger? I'd love to hear people's thoughts and get some advice.

The 32GB version will be fine and the new iPad just announced starting at $329 (32GB wifi) or $459 (wifi + cellular) would be perfect. Great screen and performance.

I'm having image transmission issues with my iPad mini 2 (64gb) totally dedicated to the I1. I have read a about few other instances of this issue with the mini 2.

I have updated successfully the most recent firmwares for all pieces of equipment and I still get major lag, black screen, and sometimes half a green screen.

App: 3.1.11
AC: 1.10.01.40+
RC: 1.7.60
Camera: 1.10.01.40

Do I have to buy another ****** tablet? I just refuse right now to buy crystal sky because I'm so upset with dji. I love their products but darn their lemons! (Praying it's just the iPad mini 2 and not the AC) it seems to be the case though thankfully.

I fly and film with my...iPhone 5s.

Yes, it's old. It's tiny. Works perfectly though. I'm so stubborn I'll use it for a little while until I make another couple hundred dollar purchase. Gotta do your homework on tech purchases.

Anyone know what's the deal with the iPad mini 2?

Hey guys i have a problem when i want to compress my DVD into iPad, thanks for you help.Recently I purchased this DVD compressing software http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/dvd-compressing.html to compress my DVD video into AVI format. The whole conversion process was fine but the output AVI video hadno audio sound only images. I changed my DVD disc to another one and tried again, still no sound. came out I wondered if it was caused by the so called 10x acceleration? Do you ever meet a such kind of question and have any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08