Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

OSMO Battery Mod

Reaction score
You knew it was coming :). The idea is to tap the battery leads and be able to connect external 12V power from any external source (extra LiPo, vehicle power, wall 12v power, etc). OSMO battery life is tragically short and with an external mic plugged in it's even shorter.

The plan is to tap the leads, run + and - out the bottom of the battery, Dremel the side of the battery compartment and door to let the wires out while letting the door close properly and attach a standard connector that we can tap into with various power sources (i.e. 3S battery).

Let's begin.

First to battery disassembly and prototype wire fitting. Looks like it'll work just fine.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452868534.888814.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452868585.227375.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452868611.427105.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452868622.298162.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452868633.053924.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452868648.095152.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452868674.168654.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: davidbarwin
Hi Damon, did you made any closeup pics to the PCB ? curios if there is any label for the blue and yellow wires (i think Inspire lipos had SDA & SCL written on the board , maybe they use the same I2C communication on the handle also ) I'm curious if the handle will work if we don't connect the blue & yellow wires, the ones responsible for communication (cell voltage, battery serial, battery fabrication date .. and who knows what else)

Hi Damon, did you made any closeup pics to the PCB ? curios if there is any label for the blue and yellow wires (i think Inspire lipos had SDA & SCL written on the board , maybe they use the same I2C communication on the handle also ) I'm curious if the handle will work if we don't connect the blue & yellow wires, the ones responsible for communication (cell voltage, battery serial, battery fabrication date .. and who knows what else)

I'm hoping to solder onto the red and black without removing the board in my next update (might be a few days). I'll take a look.

I doubt the OSMO will work without the yellow and blue connected as the communication needs to be there for the OSMO to believe the battery is ok, is a genuine DJI battery etc. At least in the P2/P3/I1 product lines this is an encrypted interface designed to foil battery copycats. I guess the battery part of their business is pretty important to them.

I just tried covering the middle pins and the OSMO is not powering up.

You want to connect in parallel another lipo with the original osmo battery ? The same capacity or higher ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry