Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo handle kit with X3 does not work / Osmo frozen

Reaction score
Hello to the forum!

I got my Osmo handle kit today and I am not able to bring it to work with my I1 X3.

Here are the steps I made:

1. Mounted the X3 to the handle, pushed power on, was able to connect to the Osmo wifi, but camera did nothing.

2. Searched online and discovered that I have to update the FW of the X3 first (was on old FW)

3. Did a successful X3 FW update on the Inspire.

4. Put the X3 back on the Osmo, can power it on, but no way to connect to Osmos wifi (it is shown in the IPhones list, but does not connect), X3 camera does nothing (only fan is running), no LEDs on and I can not turn the power off with the slider. It is like frozen.

5. Taking out the Osmos battery, restart, same problem.

6. I tried the reset (pushing trigger, button and power on) with no success.

What to do? Any idea?

Thank you for your help.

Hello to the forum!

I got my Osmo handle kit today and I am not able to bring it to work with my I1 X3.

Here are the steps I made:

1. Mounted the X3 to the handle, pushed power on, was able to connect to the Osmo wifi, but camera did nothing.

2. Searched online and discovered that I have to update the FW of the X3 first (was on old FW)

3. Did a successful X3 FW update on the Inspire.

4. Put the X3 back on the Osmo, can power it on, but no way to connect to Osmos wifi (it is shown in the IPhones list, but does not connect), X3 camera does nothing (only fan is running), no LEDs on and I can not turn the power off with the slider. It is like frozen.

5. Taking out the Osmos battery, restart, same problem.

6. I tried the reset (pushing trigger, button and power on) with no success.

What to do? Any idea?

Thank you for your help.
Yes, you almost finished the routine.
1. install the latest FW for your inspire with the camera attached to the bird
2. get the latest OSMO FW and put it on a clean chip in the route directory
3. mount OSMO on the handle, make sure the chip is inserted
4. Turn on the OSMO and wait for the FW OSMO upgrade to run
during the OSMO FW update, the LED on the left side of the handle will flash. When it shows a steady green, the FW update is done and you should then be good to go.

So, 2 FW upgrades. The bird, then the OSMO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell