Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo Pro/X5 Focus Wheel

Reaction score
Hi Brains Trust!

Just received my new focus wheel for the Osmo, to work with my X5. So happy that DJI have brought out a cheaper solution for this, rather than having to buy their (expensive) regular remote follow focus system.

So I've put it all together, plugged it in and turned it on- doesn't seem to be functioning. In classic DJI style there is next to no information on how to set it up, or use it. I'm already running the latest Osmo Firmware. It should be working right?

It's meant to be able to switch between controlling focus, aperture and zoom. Somehow....

Anybody figured out how to use this thing yet? Struggling to find any information on the net.

Cheers,

Brett

Last edited:
Hi Brains Trust!

Just received my new focus wheel for the Osmo, to work with my X5. So happy that DJI have brought out a cheaper solution for this, rather than having to buy their (expensive) regular remote follow focus system.

So I've put it all together, plugged it in and turned it on- doesn't seem to be functioning. In classic DJI style there is next to no information on how to set it up, or use it. I'm already running the latest Osmo Firmware. It should be working right?

It's meant to be able to switch between controlling focus, aperture and zoom. Somehow....

Anybody figured out how to use this thing yet? Struggling to find any information on the net.

Cheers,

Brett

Let me know when you or DJI get this working. I think this will be a great addition to the OSMO Pro.

Hi Brains Trust!

Cheers,

Brett
We're did u buy from...I'm looking for one atm..DJI say 10-15 days I need it now

We're did u buy from...I'm looking for one atm..DJI say 10-15 days I need it now

I ordered mine from DJI. It came in about 8 days. I wouldn't rush into it though. I'm finding more and more people with the same problem as me. It seems that the focus wheel unit is an expensive paperweight, until DJI fix and release new firmware.

No idea how, or why they put it out there to the world before it functions. Sad to say though, coming from DJI, it doesn't surprise me. They've done a few things like this now...

Reactions: badbiggz
I just had a conversation with a supervisor at DJI. As of today, we are waiting on a firmware update for the focus wheel to work. He said it should have been released on Monday. He also said it should be released this week.

DJI shipping things without providing proper firmware first. Typical.

I think you tried this:
How to Calibrate: within the rst four seconds after powering on, rotate the Focus wheel back and forth across its full travel range four times.
Only calibrate the Focus Handwheel when you feel lens control is not optimal.

Would be interested what you think of it when you get it working!

Hi,

are you talking about the remote controler in this topic? If yes this are the weights. If not then maybe this can help somebody else:
The Original Box weight is 1381g
The DJI Focus Remote Controller without anything except the white plastic ring installed: 751g

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla