Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

OSMO Pro X5 not working with battery extender

Reaction score
My OSMO Pro X5 works with the battery installed however will not work with the battery extender. The OSMO starts up, indicator flashes green, goes solid green, then immediately shuts down and indicator goes to solid red. After going back and forth with DJI support they sent the following message:

“We apologize for the inconvenience that this issue has given you and for the late response. As we confirm this problem, it is caused by a technical issue. We understand your frustrations about the inconvenience that this caused you. However, we will do our very best to solve this on the next firmware update for your OSMO. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.”

While I patiently wait for DJI to develop firmware that works with the product they sold me, has anyone been able to make the battery extender work with the OSMO Pro X5?

My OSMO Pro X5 works with the battery installed however will not work with the battery extender. The OSMO starts up, indicator flashes green, goes solid green, then immediately shuts down and indicator goes to solid red. After going back and forth with DJI support they sent the following message:

“We apologize for the inconvenience that this issue has given you and for the late response. As we confirm this problem, it is caused by a technical issue. We understand your frustrations about the inconvenience that this caused you. However, we will do our very best to solve this on the next firmware update for your OSMO. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.”

While I patiently wait for DJI to develop firmware that works with the product they sold me, has anyone been able to make the battery extender work with the OSMO Pro X5?

I have the exact same issue and have found a workaround. Try at your own risk!

1. Connect the Osmo's external battery extender to any external battery. power on battery.
2. Make sure ONLY the osmo handle is connected. Do not connect any camera at this point (I leave the x5 adapter on).
3. Lay the osmo handle down on a level surface, and power it on.
4. Let the osmo handle power up. after 5 seconds or so the indicator should remain green (instead of "power off" to red). connect the camera. be careful your fingers are out of the way, as auto calibration will start as soon as the camera is detected.

I know it is kind of sketchy, but this has worked for me many times. Hopefully it works for you too.

I have the exact same issue and have found a workaround. Try at your own risk!

1. Connect the Osmo's external battery extender to any external battery. power on battery.
2. Make sure ONLY the osmo handle is connected. Do not connect any camera at this point (I leave the x5 adapter on).
3. Lay the osmo handle down on a level surface, and power it on.
4. Let the osmo handle power up. after 5 seconds or so the indicator should remain green (instead of "power off" to red). connect the camera. be careful your fingers are out of the way, as auto calibration will start as soon as the camera is detected.

I know it is kind of sketchy, but this has worked for me many times. Hopefully it works for you too.

Thanks for the update.

After going back and forth with DJI support they sent me a RMA and I sent the battery extender in for repair yesterday.

Ive just taken delivery of the battery extender for a last moment commission to take place next week.
It doesnt work as per the previous posts. The standard battery gives just one hour of timelapse shooting. I was hoping that it would be possible to extend to the maximum allowed to 5 hrs (lets hope dji sort the software to allow 24hrs eventually)
I cant believe that I have to send the battery extender back for a repair and that DJI admit there is a problem which will be sorted out in a firmware update. When will DJI realise that they really shouldnt be selling defective goods and then apologising saying they will sort it in a firmware upgrade.
Will try the workaround but this is not good enough from dji (again)

Ok using the workround to make the battery eliminator work I thought great - sorted.
Nope unfortunately with the X5 camera attached there is no timelapse or pano function available within the app. I can do panos with 3rd party apps anyone know if there is one for timelapse (preferably one that will allow more then 5 hrs)
The dji facebook support page last Oct says it will be a future release!
So cant get the x3 camera to work with the eliminator even if it did only possible to do 5 hr timelapses. Not a happy person here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela