Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo taking forever to lock into wifi and open app!

Reaction score
Very frustrating as by the time it decides to shoot, the horrible battery is down to 85 %.
Battery does not last long.
If I shut it off to conserve battery, same thing again. Takes forever to find itself.
By then, I've missed the shot such as today at the Great Barrier Reef.
Personally, I think it is a piece of junk that needs updating big time.

You're aware that if there is any wifi network that your device already knows about in the area you're in you have to manually go in the device's WiFi settings and select the Osmo's network, right? And depending on your device you might need to do so even if there is none.

Reactions: James Connerly
You're aware that if there is any wifi network that your device already knows about in the area you're in you have to manually go in the device's WiFi settings and select the Osmo's network, right? And depending on your device you might need to do so even if there is none.
That's exactly my point.
I always have to double check the wifi and then double check the app and it takes forever to open up and in doing so, uses about 15% of the battery.

Well that's how phones work, nothing to do with the Osmo per se...

The Osmo sure does suck battery down, but I don't know how you can lose 15% in the 30 seconds it takes to do the manipulation.

Depends on the phone really.
Some will automatically disconnect from a WiFi network if it has no internet connectivity, those who do usually have a setting to disable that. Might want to look around for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08