Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Overall Status - Abnormal

Reaction score
So in the app I am getting a message that "battery needs a complete process of charging and discharging. Or else (how ominous!), battery level may drop during flight and affect the safety of your flight"

This is odd as it is a rather new TB48, and all the cells are @ 4.24-4.25 V

Has anyone else gotten this message? Should I just hover it low to drain the battery?

Hey there, yes I have had a few shortly after putting them into service getting the same message . I hover my bird about a foot off the ground until it gets to about 8 percent then I take the battery inside and hook it up to my remote control via the cable that is supplied with the Inspire for field charging of the Radio controller and I let it completely drain until it shuts off. This has been the best method for me. I personally don't like to hover any lower than 8 percent although I have done it in the past. I really can't recommend hovering any lower than 8% I'm sure everyone on here has a little different method for a complete discharge cycle of DJI Smart batteries and I totally respect each and every one. I'm sure most of them work fine. For me I have to go on what I know works. Especially since the camera now cost as much as my first car lol...I'm sure if you drain the battery all the way until it turns off and then charge it to 100 percent your problem will be gone.

Happy Flying,

Ralph,
FlyHighUSA

I am losing one battery to "abnormal" status every shoot and recharge i do from my charging hub. I have one virtually new and one seasoned battery and one in the middle. and on all I have done numerous fully discharge to below 8% and then full recharge, still "Abnormal" then did several down to 5% and full recharge and still "abnormal" now I have 3 batteries like this . DJI HELP I think your firmware is the problem. I have sent email to DJI waiting for reply

HELLPPP!!

Leave them on and discharging until they turn off by themselves.

Leave them on and discharging until they turn off by themselves.
Yes I did try that also having the battery on until it shuts itself off and still has not cured the problem. These deep discharges are hard on a battery so I am dissapointment that DJI has not issued a cure as it is happening a lot for 3 of 4 of my T48 batteries to get hit within 3 flight sessions every time I recharge another Battery goes "Abnormal"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez