Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

P4 vs. Inspire

Reaction score
After a full 10 days of using the DJI Phantom 4 in Bali Indonesia, our verdict is in: IT IS AWESOME.

The new intelligent flight modes facilitate the capture of awesome footage while the overall precision of the craft in normal flight mode is extremely close to the precision observed with the Inspire 1 (although not quite there).

Observed flight times easily topped the 25 minutes per battery and while we were not in a position to test maximum range (there is no real point in doing this anyhow) we did however capture some great volcano sequences at more than 3.6km with no loss in video signal.

The below video was shot entirely with the Phantom 4. Based on this, it will become our go to solution for aerial filming in the future, unless wind conditions require something more robust.

Let us know your thoughts.

Cheers

Patrice Gaucher LL.B.
CEO, Aerial Entertainment Studios
Hong Kong

DJI said they made some incremental improvements to the camera for the P4. Do you notice much of an improvement in image quality from the X3 or Phantom 3?

DJI said they made some incremental improvements to the camera for the P4. Do you notice much of an improvement in image quality from the X3 or Phantom 3?
I would say both cameras are equivalent in terms of quality and sharpness. I am referring to the X3 and the P4 cameras. I have no point of reference for the P3P unfortunately. Cheers.

Hi Patrice, love the clip.
Do you have an idea of the range comparison between P4 vs Inspire 1?

I've had mixed result with the Inspire 1, getting interference as short as 3-400m away (this was in a port in Japan).

Hi Patrice, love the clip.
Do you have an idea of the range comparison between P4 vs Inspire 1?

I've had mixed result with the Inspire 1, getting interference as short as 3-400m away (this was in a port in Japan).
Based on my 10 days experimenting, I would say the range on the P4 blows the Inspire away. Can't compare at all. I shot volcano sequences at 3.6km away without the slightest issue with video transmission. Not possible with the Inspire, and even if it was, you would use 70% of the battery to do the trip alone, leaving no time for filming.

Well how about the stability in winds etc? I've read a post were somebody thought it wasn't even as stable as the older P3?
But i assume it should be at least in par with the P3?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk