Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Page, AZ and Colorado River - lessons learned (there were plenty)

Reaction score
So this is the first time I tried to combine footage from my Inspire 2 and my iPhone X (don't call it a 10). Lessons learned:

Make sure both cameras are even close to the same frame rate and resolution. My iPhone was shooting 1920 @ 30fps and my I2 was shooting 5k @ 24fps - a little preparation would have done wonders!

Need to find a way to turn off auto white balance on my iPhone - would have made editing much easier.

Hand-held shooting seems very smooth during the act - not so much when editing. Need to get some kind of stabilizer (or a real camera?)

Because of white balance on my iPhone, color matching would have been very difficult had it not been for the fact that I shot everything in RAW on my I2.

Most of the iPhone shots are a bit jerky - I think this might be because of the different frame rates since my timeline was 24fps. Not sure.

The shot with the "massive caves" was me playing around with a 2 to 3 inch hole in the rocks with my iPhone - tried to make it look big - did it work?

So this is the first time I tried to combine footage from my Inspire 2 and my iPhone X (don't call it a 10). Lessons learned:

Make sure both cameras are even close to the same frame rate and resolution. My iPhone was shooting 1920 @ 30fps and my I2 was shooting 5k @ 24fps - a little preparation would have done wonders!

Need to find a way to turn off auto white balance on my iPhone - would have made editing much easier.

Hand-held shooting seems very smooth during the act - not so much when editing. Need to get some kind of stabilizer (or a real camera?)

Because of white balance on my iPhone, color matching would have been very difficult had it not been for the fact that I shot everything in RAW on my I2.

Most of the iPhone shots are a bit jerky - I think this might be because of the different frame rates since my timeline was 24fps. Not sure.

The shot with the "massive caves" was me playing around with a 2 to 3 inch hole in the rocks with my iPhone - tried to make it look big - did it work?

I thought the footage came out just fine. Not sure a non-photographer would even notice two cameras as sources... unless it is simply that one is flying.
I like the area up there. I am cautious on the reservation portions, since the Navajo police may question you about permission to fly. Usually not a problem though as they are small numbers.
Some of the slot canyons would be fun, but again they are on res. land.
Anyway, loved the video.... Thanks for the editing and sharing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters