Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Part 107 Exam..passed.

Reaction score
I must say that after spending about $100 on a pre-exam course, Im glad I did. It was quite challenging. I took pre-exams over and over scoring 100's.. passed with an 82 final. This is not something you can just go take without a lot of prep. You must know an aeronautical map like the back of your hand. Some questions were totally irrelevant, but I can see how they want you to have the knowledge of how the National Airspace works.... study hard my friends!

I must say that after spending about $100 on a pre-exam course, Im glad I did. It was quite challenging. I took pre-exams over and over scoring 100's.. passed with an 82 final. This is not something you can just go take without a lot of prep. You must know an aeronautical map like the back of your hand. Some questions were totally irrelevant, but I can see how they want you to have the knowledge of how the National Airspace works.... study hard my friends!
What course did you take?

What course did you take?
Study Course from remotepilot101.com
Great stuff in this 51 video course.. these are not the "actual" questions that are on the test, but they give you the foundation to figure out the answers. I did pre-exams in about 20 min.. They give you 2 hours, and the Final took me about 1 hour and 10 minutes.. Watch for them to trip you up with AGL vs MSL.. read the question several times, you have plenty of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDTech
Study Course from remotepilot101.com
Great stuff in this 51 video course.. these are not the "actual" questions that are on the test, but they give you the foundation to figure out the answers. I did pre-exams in about 20 min.. They give you 2 hours, and the Final took me about 1 hour and 10 minutes.. Watch for them to trip you up with AGL vs MSL.. read the question several times, you have plenty of time.
That's the one I took. Found it very informative. What is so different bout the test that makes it tough

Reactions: Highrpm955
That's the one I took. Found it very informative. What is so different bout the test that makes it tough
I would say different Sectional Maps with different questions about the section.. I.E. The course question may ask you the same question about a cable balloon in the same area, but the Exam may ask about the MOA 4NM southeast of there, and what operations may concern a PIC in that area, or Corse questions on a Sectional Map about Restricted Areas that will have nothing to do with an Exam question, and will be in a totally different area. Learn the Sectional Map like second nature. A great reference for up to date Sectional Maps can be found at www.skyvector.com A comprehensive knowledge about B (brovo) C (charlie), D (delta), E (echo), and G, (Gulf) airspace is very important. Learn the Bravo's center Surface to top, and the following shelves floor to top, Charlies surface to top and the two shelves floor to top, and Delta's only cylinder from surface to top. There are many layers to each (Bravo and Charlie).. Echo and Gulf are pretty simple.

Last edited:
How does that work?
I own the Company, and my Dad was the PIC (with a Light Sport) during my 17 months of 333 Exemption on my payroll. He's not the best Remote PIC, so now I can be the PIC and do some better work. Love my Dad, but he's better in the Cockpit. He flies great in 2D... some peoples brains are wired differently.. I can fly backwards and in reverse more comfortably than straight forwards, and straffing an object was hard for him to keep an object it the POI. People are just different in their wiring.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDTech
Thanks so much for your input/advice concerning this test. I'm slated to take it tomorrow, and have been studying my butt off for about 2 months. I took 2 paid pre courses. Drone Pilot Ground School I found to be very good. I was less than pleased with Gold Seal UAV Ground School.

I will report my impressions on the exam tomorrow afternoon.

I will be taking my test tomorrow and have been focusing on Sectionals, NAS and weather data. Was there much regarding METAR's?

I will be taking my test tomorrow and have been focusing on Sectionals, NAS and weather data. Was there much regarding METAR's?
Yes.... and this one tripped me up. I learned the first line of METAR's, Example KCHK 182235Z 16010KT 10SM CLR 33/22 A2995 from Airport ID to Altimeter.. There was one question on there past these readings that I did not understand, but guessed at it. I would say most of the testing required a Sectional Map to answer the question (which will be provided for you)... so be very familiar with it along with how to read lats and longs.

Pretty sure this means Rain Began at 1835z. Such overkill to learn all this stuff. I'm all for being more aware of airspace and regulations and basic weather, but to have to learn all these different weather reports, maps, theory, etc...is beyond stupid...loosing braincells. How about this...when it's raining or really windy, don't put your UAS in the air. Thanks.

Haha.. yeah I know right?... The airspace knowledge was good stuff, but the weather was overkill, and that's what I guessed it to be 1835Z.... btw, there were no questions about Zulu time in particular, or how to convert.

I'm assuming Latitude, Longitude?

How about all the weather stuff...pressure altitude, density altitude?

Did the ask anthing about having the mind-set of Donald Trump with Aeronautical Decision Making?

Also, are you having luck with the next phase of navigaing/registering on the IACRA website?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry