Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Part 107 Test/Recurrency go LIVE 4/6/21... Important notes . . .

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
As of tomorrow the Part 107 Initial Knowledge Test (in person) and Recurrency Training Module (online) will go LIVE with the new materials to cover Night Flights w/o a Waiver and Operations Over People (OOP).

Let's take a quick moment to break this down.

• Tuesday 4//6/2021 Part 107 Testing/Training modules will be updated to include the NEW RULES for Part 107.
  • The NEW RULES for Part 107 don't actually go into effect until 4/21/2021.

So in a nutshell, even after you've passed the IKT or Recurrency Training Module for Part 107 you still can't USE the "privileges" of the New Rules until 4/21/2021.

4/6/21 New Testing/Training LIVE
4/21/21 New Rules for Part 107 go into EFFECT

If you'd like to read more about it here is a link to DSPA with an excellent write-up about it:

As of tomorrow the Part 107 Initial Knowledge Test (in person) and Recurrency Training Module (online) will go LIVE with the new materials to cover Night Flights w/o a Waiver and Operations Over People (OOP).

Let's take a quick moment to break this down.

• Tuesday 4//6/2021 Part 107 Testing/Training modules will be updated to include the NEW RULES for Part 107.
  • The NEW RULES for Part 107 don't actually go into effect until 4/21/2021.

So in a nutshell, even after you've passed the IKT or Recurrency Training Module for Part 107 you still can't USE the "privileges" of the New Rules until 4/21/2021.

4/6/21 New Testing/Training LIVE
4/21/21 New Rules for Part 107 go into EFFECT

If you'd like to read more about it here is a link to DSPA with an excellent write-up about it:
Thanks for the update Al. DSA laid it out nicely.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hello all,

Thank you all for posting this information. Just curious though, I unfortunately had to pay at a testing center to keep current as I had projects in work. I'm good for 2 more years and do understand that I won't be able to fly over people and at night until I complete the "training". No worries.

My question is, if I now go online, and don't pass the training, does that now change my currency status to "not current" since I received a failing score? This is what the test centers would do if you were to go in and attempt to get a "better" score and fail. The score/pass/no pass of your last testing would be counted as your "new" status.

I'm sure everyone will pass, but it's just one of those questions that I haven't seen addressed yet.

Sorry, @BigAl07 for posting this in all the other aircraft forums, I just figured it was something others in my situation would be curious about. Mahalo!

Hi all. Sorry for the confusing question. What I was referring to was some verbiage from the PSI centers policy below. I just wasn't sure if the FAA had some "small print" in there for that type of situation since they are responsible for recurrent training now.

RETESTING FOR HIGHER SCORE A candidate retesting, in an attempt to achieve a higher passing score, may retake the same test 30 days after the date of the last attempt. The candidate is required to submit the original applicable AKTR indicating the previous passing score to the proctor prior to testing.

The score of the most recent test taken is the official score.

I guess PSI policy wouldn't really be applicable anymore since the training is not through them(PSI) and this is "recurrent training" vs. "recurrent testing".

Sorry, I guess I was thinking "too deep"...lol

Hello all,

Thank you all for posting this information. Just curious though, I unfortunately had to pay at a testing center to keep current as I had projects in work. I'm good for 2 more years and do understand that I won't be able to fly over people and at night until I complete the "training". No worries.

My question is, if I now go online, and don't pass the training, does that now change my currency status to "not current" since I received a failing score? This is what the test centers would do if you were to go in and attempt to get a "better" score and fail. The score/pass/no pass of your last testing would be counted as your "new" status.

I'm sure everyone will pass, but it's just one of those questions that I haven't seen addressed yet.

Sorry, @BigAl07 for posting this in all the other aircraft forums, I just figured it was something others in my situation would be curious about. Mahalo!

Well technically you can't fail the Online Training Module. At the end it's a test but if you miss an answer it is indicated, you change your answer, and resubmit. You keep doing this until you get them all right. I haven't tested to see if the amount of retries is unlimited but I suspect it is.

Completed my Part 107 Small UAS Recurrent Non-Part 61 Online Course and Testing yesterday. Very user friendly and easy to grasp. Good until April 2023 !

Completed my Part 107 Small UAS Recurrent Non-Part 61 Online Course and Testing yesterday. Very user friendly and easy to grasp. Good until April 2023 !
So tell us a little about it and the test if you would. How many questions was the test? Was there a time limit? Did you feel like it was the same type or questions as the initial?

Brett, the study material took about 1hr to review and you have 90 minutes to complete 50 questions I thought the exam was a lot easier than the initial Part 107 The FAA recognizes that having passed an initial written exam, suas pilots just need to be cognizant of certain information and that is what the recurrent exam does. Because I'm not based in continental US or operating under FAR's, I made some quick notes during the study review that I thought come in the exam . Got 48 questions correct and the exam mandates you must resit the failed questions until 100% is achieved.

Brett, the study material took about 1hr to review and you have 90 minutes to complete 50 questions I thought the exam was a lot easier than the initial Part 107 The FAA recognizes that having passed an initial written exam, suas pilots just need to be cognizant of certain information and that is what the recurrent exam does. Because I'm not based in continental US or operating under FAR's, I made some quick notes during the study review that I thought come in the exam . Got 48 questions correct and the exam mandates you must resit the failed questions until 100% is achieved.
Oh ok so you have to retake the questions you missed until you get them right not the whole test over again. Thanks!

Well credit where credit is due the FAA has taken a very reasonable stance on this.

Reactions: CoreySnipes
Agreed. It was a concern for a couple of my pilots and I as our borders have been closed for 13 months and we would have been required to fly to the US to take the exam so all in all, the FAA considered all the extenuating circumstances and came up with a somewhat relaxed but salient online approach to license renewal for which they must be commended.

Reactions: CoreySnipes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44