Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

part 107

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it, but. I worry about the operations around people. I know it says not directly over... We used to fly events and I just see not enough teeth for these type of activities. I do like what I read though..:)

One question. What about the 333 that I paid dearly for, does this, that we have all applied for, go away like dust in the wind....I hope not.

What happens at an event where the op does not have insurance and crashes into a person place or thing?

We have an attorney and insurance, does the typical comm. op not need anything anymore?

One question. What about the 333 that I paid dearly for, does this, that we have all applied for, go away like dust in the wind....I hope not.

What happens at an event where the op does not have insurance and crashes into a person place or thing?

We have an attorney and insurance, does the typical comm. op not need anything anymore?

You will just have to wait tomorrow.

Reactions: kcobello
I may have missed it...but how do we get in line to register and take the test that is mentioned? Is there a system in place for this?

Thanks
Knowing the feds...It'll be months before they have a testing process ready to launch. In the mean time, invest your time in completing a private pilot ground school online...or self-study:
Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge Is free here.

So now all we have to do is wait for the test to be released.

So now all we have to do is wait for the test to be released.

No it did not say that. If you read the document it states that the rules will be active in late August.

It doesn't state if it is due to testing question or testing center approval or hiring enough people to man the upcoming influx of applicants.

Right now it states it will cost an individual approx $150 to get their certificate and that you can get a temporary provision for special flight approval such as night flights via online portal.

Still reading it guys. It is like 624 pages.

Reactions: Figbar
No it did not say that. If you read the document it states that the rules will be active in late August.

It doesn't state if it is due to testing question or testing center approval or hiring enough people to man the upcoming influx of applicants.

Right now it states it will cost an individual approx $150 to get their certificate and that you can get a temporary provision for special flight approval such as night flights via online portal.

Still reading it guys. It is like 624 pages.

Thanks for going through this. All of us want to know how we "get in line" for testing or whatever is really required.

Reactions: Outta Control
Okay now. This is why it will be be in effect in August:

"...Please note that all provisions of the Rule, including all pilot requirements and operating rules, will be effective in August 2016, 60 days after the rule is published in the Federal Register..."

Boo Ya!

PS: it does state that Part 61 cert holders will need to wait to take an online testing.

Okay now. This is why it will be be in effect in August:

"...Please note that all provisions of the Rule, including all pilot requirements and operating rules, will be effective in August 2016, 60 days after the rule is published in the Federal Register..."

Boo Ya!

PS: it does state that Part 61 cert holders will need to wait to take an online testing.
Permitting 16 year olds to operate commercially with just a written test and no one looking over their shoulder is not very responsible.IMHO

Permitting 16 year olds to operate commercially with just a written test and no one looking over their shoulder is not very responsible.IMHO
I will acknowledge you stated "Your opinion", however I do know quite a few very intelligent, mature teens and an overabundance of Dumb immature adults, so I don't see how we can fairly use age as a criteria.

Reactions: Mike K.
I will acknowledge you stated "Your opinion", however I do know quite a few very intelligent, mature teens and an overabundance of Dumb immature adults, so I don't see how we can fairly use age as a criteria.
Ah yes, the "exception" rule. Of course you are right, but we are talking about the "average" are we not? Age is used as a criteria for everything from a driver's license to a pilot certificate, and a pistol carry permit. Notice all three activities require hands on and adult oversight before the license privileges are granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan