Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Passenger Drones

Reaction score
Ok I know this is a bit strange, But considering all of the tech in our sUAS's, and tech in vehicles that senses and avoid collisions, park the vehicles and yes almost even drive the vehicles, How far could we be away from flying cars like the Jetson's? While obviously many are viewing this tech as a delivery and inspection tool I believe it is the forerunner of modern travel!
I know this thread is about Drones and if it is felt it's too far off topic I will apologize now and of course the Editor will close it.
So until then any thoughts? Im thinking just upscaling current tech and more powerful motors, Tesla could be a major leader because of their battery tech!

Ok I know this is a bit strange, But considering all of the tech in our sUAS's, and tech in vehicles that senses and avoid collisions, park the vehicles and yes almost even drive the vehicles, How far could we be away from flying cars like the Jetson's? While obviously many are viewing this tech as a delivery and inspection tool I believe it is the forerunner of modern travel!
I know this thread is about Drones and if it is felt it's too far off topic I will apologize now and of course the Editor will close it.
So until then any thoughts? Im thinking just upscaling current tech and more powerful motors, Tesla could be a major leader because of their battery tech!
Why would I close it?
No problem at all - just moved it to off topic. :)

Reactions: MacDyver
Thanks to both of you, maybe initially there could be outlying satellite stations where several passenger craft are kept, possibly operated centrally, the passenger swipes their credit card at a major transportation hub, climbs into the craft makes a selection of predetermined destinations, a centralized hub determines the best route and altitude flies them there and lands autonomously. If too many craft are at one location they automatically reposition at locations with peak demand. This way the possibility of pilot error and overcrowded skyways are greatly reduced.
I've already contacted Tesla because to me the leap from electric cars to autonomous aerial vehicles is a logical step.
Getting government approval for such a system will take far longer than making the tech work since as has been posted by Fstop Labs prototypes are already available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44