Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Permission to Fly in Hyde Park?

Reaction score
We have had a request to do some filming in Hyde Park ( sub 7kg ) I know this is a restricted area and wonder how I go about getting permission.

Grateful for any advice from someone who has achieved this or knows the procedure

Thanks

We have had a request to do some filming in Hyde Park ( sub 7kg ) I know this is a restricted area and wonder how I go about getting permission.

Grateful for any advice from someone who has achieved this or knows the procedure

Thanks
EGR157 eh?
With heightened security level at the moment...... I wish you all the luck with that one!
You had also better have a long lead time on that job as any permissions will require some hoop jumping me thinks and that will take time.

Out of interest though, please keep us posted on how you get on. :)

Following further research the procedure for requesting permission is relatively straightforward. Lead time is 28 days and sure the outcome is uncertain but given the nature and activity of the organisation that has requested aerial footage I'm pretty confident it's worth a shot.

So the procedure for applying for a ENSF ( Enhanced Non Standard Flight ) is through NATS as laid out in IAIP ENR 1.1 paragraph 4.1.6

Non Standard Flight Applications : NATS - Non-Standard Flight Applications | NATS

Sure I'll let you know how we get on.

Following further research the procedure for requesting permission is relatively straightforward. Lead time is 28 days and sure the outcome is uncertain but given the nature and activity of the organisation that has requested aerial footage I'm pretty confident it's worth a shot.

So the procedure for applying for a ENSF ( Enhanced Non Standard Flight ) is through NATS as laid out in IAIP ENR 1.1 paragraph 4.1.6

Non Standard Flight Applications : NATS - Non-Standard Flight Applications | NATS

Sure I'll let you know how we get on.
This seems to be the more relevant page: Addresses | Non-Standard Flight Applications | NATS . There's a link to it in the page you suggested. In the bottom paragraph it does add this: "If your Small RPAS flight is for aerial work or surveillance purposes, then you need to contact the CAA for an appropriate Permission. Contact [email protected] for more details."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg