Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK PFAW qualified - flying in Iceland

Reaction score
hello

Does anyone have any experience of flying in Iceland. I hold my PFAW currently and know that this obviously doesn't cover me for flying in Iceland. However I wondered if there was a way of having a short exception granted for using the PFAW it if it's a case of getting a new permit from the Icelandic authorities.

Thanks in advance. I will be trying to contact the ice tar tomorrow but thought I would ask on here for any advice in advance

Thanks

Bob

I could be wrong, but AFAIK Iceland is one of the few countries that doesn't require a license or PFAW or equivalent permissions for commercial UAV flights.

Thanks guys,
This is the blurb i have managed to get from Iceland (ISAVIA):

Regarding flying cameras(Drones), here are the rules from ISAVIA( English ):

Ascents of balloons, kites, self-propelled flying models and flying bodies The ascent of a manned free balloon outside an aerodrome admitted for balloon ascents requires permission from the aeronautical authority The ascent of captive balloons is permitted only with the consent of the aeronautical authority. For kites, this consent is required if they are held by a rope of more than 300 ft (100 m) in length. Kite ascents within the construction restriction zone of airports as well as within a distance of less than 3 km from the boundary of airfields and gliding sites are prohibited. The aeronautical authority may grant exemptions. The mooring rope of captive balloons and kites, the ascent of which requires permission, shall be marked, at spacings of 300 ft (100 m), by red/white flags during the day, and by red and white lights at night, in such a manner that it is recognizable to other aircraft from all directions. The ascent of flying models of less than 5 kg total weight requires no permission, with the exception of rocket propelled models. The operation of flying models with combustion engines within a distance of less than 1.5 km from housing areas is permitted only with the consent of the aeronautical authority. The same applies to flying models of all types within a distance of less than 1.5 km from the boundary of aerodromes. The operation of all types of flying models on aerodromes is permitted only with the consent of the air traffic services.

so as far as i can tell...... Under 5KG and more than 1.5Km from areodromes and i'm good to fly

bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop