Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pilot Down and stuck in a tree

It doesn't make any sense to leave a 4 thousand dollar drone in a tree. Let me know where it is I'll come and get it for my self because it seems like you don't really care about it all that much. You should have had a tree climber or company to get it out the next day or 2. The last time you posted that you had someone to get it for you and I still don't know what's going on. Did you get it back or not. Please let us know what's happening or happened. Thanks and good luck.

I thought I sent you a message to wrap up the i2 in a pillow case and tie it up then put it in the bag with rice and you shouldn't get any dust or much dust. I would let it dry for a month or 2. If you put the batteries in and it's still damp it could burn something out.

I don't know if you have taken care of these problems and if it's working. I just want to think of a way to save it. I hope you had good luck and take care.

It probably has to dry out. I would put it in a plastic bag with rice and let it dry out for a couple of weeks.
I recently followed a link posted in one of the drone forms of why you should NOT use rice. Will try yo find it but as of right now I can't. Basically even if the rice dries everything out corrosion will still continue from the minerals, etc left by the water when it dried. The article, supposedly written by an electronics expert, says to clean the electronic device with alcohol.

I know some of members here are also on the other forums so if you remember the post with the link about using alcohol PLEASE feel free to post it

I recently followed a link posted in one of the drone forms of why you should NOT use rice. Will try yo find it but as of right now I can't. Basically even if the rice dries everything out corrosion will still continue from the minerals, etc left by the water when it dried. The article, supposedly written by an electronics expert, says to clean the electronic device with alcohol.

I know some of members here are also on the other forums so if you remember the post with the link about using alcohol PLEASE feel free to post it
I know they have cleaner for the remote control cars I used to use and you could all the dirt out of the servos and electrical parts because they would be filled with dust and dirt and it didn't harm anything. It's basically the same as electric cleaner and it was expensive. You can buy it at the hobby stores. I would ask them about that. It would get the water out also.

I know they have cleaner for the remote control cars I used to use and you could all the dirt out of the servos and electrical parts because they would be filled with dust and dirt and it didn't harm anything. It's basically the same as electric cleaner and it was expensive. You can buy it at the hobby stores. I would ask them about that. It would get the water out also.
I would be afraid to use achoal it takes a long time to dry. You may want to ask a hobby shop and see what they say. I know the cleaner for the cars would dry out everything. Let me know what works for you incase I ever run into this problem. Thanks.

Reactions: slim.slamma

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah