Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pilot Skill Irrelevant? (Disgruntled)

Reaction score
Hey all, I was having a conversation earlier today with a friend about piloting skills. He was going on about how good this pilot he saw at a wedding was, and how he would orbit perfectly around people. I am not too bad myself in piloting and know that orbiting can be tricky.

It was a complete coincidence that a few hours later I find out the new firmware has come out. And I just want to express my worries that, just like airline pilots we might go obsolete some day. It kind of sucks that everything is becoming automated doesn't it?

I mean it kind of puts me down that a complete noob can push a button and come out with better results than an experienced pilot.

Also, if any of the devs are reading this. Why the hell did you slow down the Inspire???? Its one of the main reasons I bought it over other quads. FIX IT PLEASE. Thanks for a wonderful drone otherwise :)

Reactions: james tulloch
My take is the more tools available to assist the better. As long as you have options to use or not use. Also in every industry automation does not and can not replace talent. When automation fails and eventually it always does. A human with real skills needs to be at hand. Being a nube myself, I appreciate having automation, but I practice a lot without it, so when the day comes I can use my skills and not have to rely on automation. But in a pinch having that function by flipping a switch is nothing to scoff at :)

My take is the more tools available to assist the better. As long as you have options to use or not use. Also in every industry automation does not and can not replace talent. When automation fails and eventually it always does. A human with real skills needs to be at hand. Being a nube myself, I appreciate having automation, but I practice a lot without it, so when the day comes I can use my skills and not have to rely on automation. But in a pinch having that function by flipping a switch is nothing to scoff at :)
I guess so

Also, if any of the devs are reading this. Why the hell did you slow down the Inspire???? Its one of the main reasons I bought it over other quads. FIX IT PLEASE.
Agreed with this.I'm using my Inspire for filming races ,so I need the speed.Hope that the new firmware will solve this

Not sure I agree with you on that one. They are barely getting trains that run themselves. Trains, cars, and ships will come a long way before aircraft.
Agreed with this.I'm using my Inspire for filming races ,so I need the speed.Hope that the new firmware will solve this
If you are talking about the one that came out today, it doesn't :/

how about if you use atti mode? i dont update my firmware but ive noticed its a bit faster in atti mode than it is in gps mode, this can however cause a drop in altitude so fly high above any obstacles till you learn how it acts. if flying at full speed in gps mode and flipping the switch to atti you can see the pitch of the inspire change noticeably.

how about if you use atti mode? i dont update my firmware but ive noticed its a bit faster in atti mode than it is in gps mode, this can however cause a drop in altitude so fly high above any obstacles till you learn how it acts. if flying at full speed in gps mode and flipping the switch to atti you can see the pitch of the inspire change noticeably.
True, but isn't attitude mode slower too?

True, but isn't attitude mode slower too?
not sure, i was asking you, like i said i dont update so i dont have these problems, lol! try it and see. ive hit 84mph in atti mode with a 30mph+ tailwind, only went around 14 on the way back, lol

i do know its slower when using RTH auto flight mode for safety reasons to give you time to react and take over if there are obstacles in the way, but i never use it. I presume these new autoflight features are slower as well if thats what you mean.

i do know its slower when using RTH auto flight mode for safety reasons to give you time to react and take over if there are obstacles in the way, but i never use it. I presume these new autoflight features are slower as well if thats what you mean.
No, I meant in general. And 84 mph is scary! haha

No, I meant in general. And 84 mph is scary! haha
yea i live in the middle of nowhere and did it at around 1000 feet. I flew into the wind first, as i wanted to be sure it would have enough battery to come back to the landing zone. you cover some ground quick at that speed, lol! Just wanted to see its top speed. some guy in Europe somewhere got his up to 90 mph

yea i live in the middle of nowhere and did it at around 1000 feet. I flew into the wind first, as i wanted to be sure it would have enough battery to come back to the landing zone. you cover some ground quick at that speed, lol! Just wanted to see its top speed. some guy in Europe somewhere got his up to 90 mph
From your name and what you said, it sounds like you live in the Gulf. yea? I am from Beirut, not alot of open spaces here sadly.

Im in North Dakota. Wide open flat area for days, lol! Didnt get a screenshot at 84 as it was difficult to do so while flying and by the time I got it id lost a couple mphs.Screenshot_2015-05-07-12-42-37.png

Reactions: Busch and jon b
yea they handle the wind quite well. they go slower sideways so they cant hold position is really high crosswinds but they handle more than the average user would probably dare to fly in. I like to test the limits of its capability and I bet i could get a higher speed than that out of it in the right conditions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6