Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

POWER - Battery Bank vs. Generator

Reaction score
Has anyone found a battery bank that can charge multiple TB48 batteries?
Here are a few that I have found and look like they can put out the necessary charging power but I do not know how to calculate how many times it can charge a TB48 battery.

1. Expert Power Omega 453
2. Suaoki 220Wh/20,000mAh Portable Generator
3. AUDEW Portable Generator Power
4. Fnova 250-Watt Portable Battery

If these will only charge a TB48 battery a couple of times then I guess it is worth it to just go with a generator.

What are you guys using to charge your batteries at gig where there are no wall outlets available?

Reactions: mpaerial
The powerbank options are all pretty expensive and generally don't offer enough capacity for many charges.

We went for a cheap (£190), but well recommended inverter generator (Impax IM800I 700W Inverter Generator 230V) which has been working very well for us. Pretty quiet and can power three 180w chargers simultaneously.

That is very inexpensive. Will it work with US plugs?

I looked forever and couldn't find a solution that didn't cost less than buying 5 more tb48s.. I had a job that I had to do 5 shoots in one day so I order one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01COA0UTE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You definitely want a high wattage Pure Sine wave inverter. I used an inexpensive car battery (marine battery is better), mounted them both in my trunk and used my normal 180watt A/C charger. It worked like a charm. I was able to charge 4 batteries from 15% and still had juice left in the car battery. The beauty of this is that you can just buy another car battery if needed and charge 4 (or more) tb48s.

Total cost: approx. $200.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop