Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Premier Pro CC File Issues

Reaction score
Hi, I just did some filming and tried to upload about 8 clips into Premier Pro CC Only 1 of the 8 uploaded, it says there was an error of the others - 'no audio or video stream attached to this file' There clearly is as they open on the desktop and will other programs except quick time. I take all 8 files and open in final cut pro and they are all fine. The one file that will upload was taken at the same time as all the rest with the I2 X4S and works fine in both PP and FCP.

Any thoughts anyone?

I have up to date software but I will change capture file to mp4 in future. Shame DJI cannot get their act together. I’m thinking Yunec next time

Hi, I just did some filming and tried to upload about 8 clips into Premier Pro CC Only 1 of the 8 uploaded, it says there was an error of the others - 'no audio or video stream attached to this file' There clearly is as they open on the desktop and will other programs except quick time. I take all 8 files and open in final cut pro and they are all fine. The one file that will upload was taken at the same time as all the rest with the I2 X4S and works fine in both PP and FCP.

Any thoughts anyone?
Hey Zap, I know that this is not helpful,but I must say that I make a living shooting with the inspire and editing in premiere cc and have never had that issue. Are you talking about the standard h.264 or proves?

Hey Zap, I know that this is not helpful,but I must say that I make a living shooting with the inspire and editing in premiere cc and have never had that issue. Are you talking about the standard h.264 or proves?
H264 mate having a nightmare. Ready to chuck the lot in the bin to be honest

H264 mate having a nightmare. Ready to chuck the lot in the bin to be honest
Do not lose heart! And I am not doing this to boast, I promise. Take a look at my 3-minute aerial real. 100% of it was shot over a year ago before I got my inspire 2 so EVERYTHING was h.264 with a phantom 4 and an inspire 1 and edited in Premiere CC. It can be done.

Ditto. No problems in Premier ever. Originally filmed H264 on my mavic pro, I1, I1 Pro and I2. No probs with new or old files. Now shooting ProRes and all is fine. The great thing about the lower compression ProRes is that my pc is much happier editing 4K.

Ditto. No problems in Premier ever. Originally filmed H264 on my mavic pro, I1, I1 Pro and I2. No probs with new or old files. Now shooting ProRes and all is fine. The great thing about the lower compression ProRes is that my pc is much happier editing 4K.
In the latest Premier CC there is a thing called Ingest. I personally have not tried it yet but what it does is that it allows you to edit in much lower resolution by creating kind of like proxy clips. And only during export those are linked back to the full res original clips, so the final product is in full quality of the original clips or the quality you choose for export. I have a very decent comp but it is still struggling to play back 4K clips, as soon as I apply a few edits or effects to them. My this year's resolution is to learn how to work with this Ingest method. There are tutorials around but they all look quite complicated to me. I have to just dive into it one day....

Last edited:
Perhaps I can help here. I have a very beefy setup and I too have performance issues with manipulating higher res footage.
Here's a quick way create proxies after the fact.
Go to your bin and select the clip (or all clips for that matter) and right click on them. When the menu pops up, go about halfway down to the word "proxy".
Select "create proxy". You will then get this dialogProxy.jpg

Here you can choose the size, I like the 1280x720, but you can go higher or lower. You'll notice that you can create and use your own "ingestion" preset.
Once that process is done (and you can still edit while this is being done in the background) you will want to go to both your Source and Program window and add a toggle button so that you can decide which you want to watch. (while editing I keep it on full time in both, but sometimes like to turn it off in one of the windows if I want to check details, like focus, etc)
Plus.jpg

Once you hit plus, you will get these icons (functions) that you can add next to the default set.
Hamburger.jpg

You will need to do this for both the source and program monitor separately. Grab the one I have highlighted and drag it next to the others and you're done.
Now as long as those are chosen in your windows playback and filter, etc will happen in real time. And, as mmarian said regardless if they are on or off when you go to export it will go back and access the original files and add all associated F/X.

Hope you found this helpful, I live by it as the first thing I do with all of my clips before I begin my project. It really speeds things up and no CRASHING!

Good luck, rb

Reactions: vergz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry