Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Preparing to jump right in!

Reaction score
hi! I have ZERO drone experience, but I am trying to learn everything I can before I snag the Inspire 1 in roughly a month. I am open to any and all suggestions, .recommendations, and tidbits of advice regarding the Inspire 1. I'm excited to learn from other enthusiasts!

Buy a hubsan x4 or Get a good sim and learn how to fly. A newbie mistake could cost you dearly so its worth learning to fly first.

Welcome...

Guimick's advice is good and could save you a lot of money! The little Hubsan X4 is actually harder to control than the Inspire as it's so light, there's no GPS hovering & if you let go of the controls (or blow on it!) it drifts like mad - but it's a lot of fun! So, if you can manage that, you'll transition to the I1 without too many issues.

Reactions: giumick
Dont get the newer one either with Gold detail, old is best. That one holds height and means the rotors cant shut down with a kill of throttle so any mishaps and bye bye motor as itll hit running.

I gave my first 2 x4s hell and did all sorts with them with no damage. My new one lasted a few weeks before the wind blew it into a wall and it killed a motor as it wont kill them on request.

I think I would look at the intermediate step between the husban and the inspire as a Phantom, you can pick up a used or refurbished Phantom 3 for less than $400. I would get that after comfortable with the husban. The Phantom will let you learn the software and the idiosyncrasies of the DJI Software.

I often wonder when I see these posts saying to start with something that you don't mind crashing. Does everyone get a drone and then go out and crash it? I ordered a drone from DJI, it was a P4P+, it was going to be my first drone. When I found out that it was going to take forever to get to me I went to WalMart and bought a P3S, which did become my first drone. To be clear...anything that I order and it takes more than 7 days is forever in my book. However, being as this was my first drone, and I had no previous experience, I took my time. I read all the instructions and started out slow. I learned as I went along. Did I do everything right? NO Did I crash it into the biggest thing I could find? NO. I'm not saying that your opinions are wrong, but in the same respect not everyone needs a crash dummy. By the way, my next drone was an Inspire 2. I never did buy a crash drone. So if you plan on using some common sense and start out slow, buy the drone that you want.

Reactions: huppe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44