Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problem with 2nd controller, USB port may be dead?

Reaction score
God I am so sick of firmware problems with this bloody Inspire.
I am running the latest GO APP version on my ipad mini 2's (2.4.3). I am also having this problem if I connect an android device to the 2nd controller (all up to date as well) and I have tried multiple cords.
So, I updated the Master RC (via the Go App) to the latest firmware 1.5.7.0 as prompted.
It updated and connects to my Inspire... great... I turn on my second (Slave) controller and it connects to the Master as indicated by a blue light and I can see it's connected to the Master controller if I go into the RC settings on the Master controller, but the stupid GO App won't connect on the second controller. It won't give me camera view so there is no way for me to get past the startup splash screen to update the 2nd controller via the app (which I imagine would solve the problem). Of course, you cannot update the RC to the latest firmware with a USB as that doesn't work that way anymore.... Can someone help...
I just don't understand why DJI can't get this right.... so many problems with so many people...
Update... I reset my controllers and reconnected my Master. Now the slave is no longer connected at all and due to no USB connectivity/activity I am wondering if the USB port on my slave is no longer working, I have no idea why this would be, the last time I used it was fine but I can't seem to get anything (beeps etc) when I plug it in. Has anyone else come across this?... I really don't want to send it away for 6 weeks, I am a pro and need this fixed fast.. anyone suggest anything?

Last edited:
The USB port on my master R/C stopped working one day for no reason, just lost connection in mid flight. It was verified by the service centre that the port was no longer working and I've now been waiting 6 weeks for a replacement R/C under warranty! I've had to use the slave controller as the master in the meantime, but this is crap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1