Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems again, firmware update even if it was already updated, now RC doens't connect

Reaction score
I'm having some strange issues either since I upgraded to V01.06.00.40 or since I use Map Pilot app, those ware the last "changes" I did in the last week.

Today I went again to the rural place to finish a part of a project, I had to do photos to another 40 hectares as usual I made a new mission in Map Pilot , take of from the same spot I did in the other days, after reaching the 115m altitude I pressed START so it started to follow the path in the mission, first battery finished faster than th app expected as the takeoff place was at 1km away from the area needed to be photographed so the I1 returned to home, I took control and landed it as there ware some poles and electric wires nearby, didn't wanted to trust the autopilot. All good so far!

Swapped a new battery and powered on, but inspire started to bep-bep-bep-bep , I don't understand why it started the upgrade process, the firmware was already updated!

After 1 minute I turned it off (maybe this was a mistake I made) , I powered it on again and again it started the firmware update procedure, this time I let it finish, but after ~10 minutes a long continous beep started (Firmare update failed) .. I tried again while driving back home and again the same long beep started after a few minutes of 4 beeps.

Now, at home I removed the card, the inspire turns on, it calibrates the gimbal and everything seems fine but the RC is not connected (red led) , I tried from the menu to link RC, pressed once on the Inspire Red Button but still nothing happent.

Going to eat something and be back to try more things., I will upload the TXT file from the SDCARD.

PS. Do you guys keep the firmware files on SD after installing a new firmware ?

Attachments

• WM610_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 5
Swapped a new battery and powered on, but inspire started to bep-bep-bep-bep , I don't understand why it started the upgrade process
Likely because that particular battery hadn't been updated yet. Remember to always update all your batteries when you do an update, or at least remember it might be needed later and definitely NEVER turn off during an update.

Tried powering on with a known up to date battery again?

I only have 2 batteries and I'm 100% I did updated both batteries now a week ago, in the same time with the Inspire, if this was the case it should happen now a few days ago when I flown again with both batteries.

I don't know if there could be something related to the Map Pilot app, first time I tried today to upload the mission I got an error about the SD card, I restarted the app and it worked, are the apps that have autonomous flight uploading the mission to camera SD or Inspire's internal memory ?

My routine with updates is...update AC and any batteries, remove SD card. Put SD card in card reader and view text file to confirm "success". Save firmware and text file on PC, then delete files from the SD card. Install card on the AC and format. Once a firmware update has been done, remove the .bin file, don't leave it on the card.

I talked to DJI Support guys, they told me to try manually Link the RC, I tried and it didn't worked, I also tried to bind the slave controller and also didn't worked.

After that I tried to flash the previous firmware V01.05.00.30 and it did update successfully, after reboot it connected to the remote automatically, than I copied the latest firmware on the same card and let it install, and it also worked.

So what could be the issue ? It's weird that most of the time the Inspire did nothing except writing to txt file that firmware match, but why sometimes it started the firmware update even if it was already flashed, all those happent only in the past 7 days, and the only 2 things I did different ware to fly by Map Pilot and to upgrade to the latest.

I will try in the next days if weather allows to fly again with MAP PILOT app to see if it happens again, I have the impression that this happen only after uploading a mission to Inspire , flying it and than swap batteries, on the next restart after uploading mission it did the firmware uplaod.

Now I only keep the firmware zip files on the SD card.

Also map pilot app has a number of problems with latest firmware so likely to be something going on there. I think there will be a map pilot app update in next week or two.

I'm having some strange issues either since I upgraded to V01.06.00.40 or since I use Map Pilot app, those ware the last "changes" I did in the last week.

Today I went again to the rural place to finish a part of a project, I had to do photos to another 40 hectares as usual I made a new mission in Map Pilot , take of from the same spot I did in the other days, after reaching the 115m altitude I pressed START so it started to follow the path in the mission, first battery finished faster than th app expected as the takeoff place was at 1km away from the area needed to be photographed so the I1 returned to home, I took control and landed it as there ware some poles and electric wires nearby, didn't wanted to trust the autopilot. All good so far!

Swapped a new battery and powered on, but inspire started to bep-bep-bep-bep , I don't understand why it started the upgrade process, the firmware was already updated!

After 1 minute I turned it off (maybe this was a mistake I made) , I powered it on again and again it started the firmware update procedure, this time I let it finish, but after ~10 minutes a long continous beep started (Firmare update failed) .. I tried again while driving back home and again the same long beep started after a few minutes of 4 beeps.

Now, at home I removed the card, the inspire turns on, it calibrates the gimbal and everything seems fine but the RC is not connected (red led) , I tried from the menu to link RC, pressed once on the Inspire Red Button but still nothing happent.

Going to eat something and be back to try more things., I will upload the TXT file from the SDCARD.

PS. Do you guys keep the firmware files on SD after installing a new firmware ?
Try this it worked for me. First of all your tablet is it an android or IOS device ?. Anyway completely remove the Go-App from your tablet and if you can load it from the DJI site, next format your SD Card from the DJI app and install the firmware BIN file to the root directory. By me doing this and using an android tablet (Nvidia Shield) I was able to load both the drone then the RC. It took me three or four tries before my Inspire 1 would recognize the SD card with the bin file then things went as normal. Prior to this success I experienced the not connected.
Out here ( Southern Calif.) its been raining so today I was able to do a full 18 minute test flight, worked flawlessly. I used the return to home feature to bring it back and land. I talked to a DJI technician via the DJI help desk who gave me ideas on what might work, he was leaning toward the DJI Go-app be the cause and told me to start their, that's what I did, it worked.
That took care of the Inspire 1 I still had the Phantom 3 Pro and Phantom 4 to up date, all done.
Hope this helps, let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide