Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with Inspire 2

Reaction score
Many successfull flights with the I2. Only flight issue was with not very good range but that seems to be normal. Today, the thing was drifting. Transmission signal break up at about 600ft. Also had a slight wobble that others have experienced when the object avoidance is activated. And generally the flight characteristics just seemed off. The only change I've made recently is to fix the rattling props with a foam insert. This wouldn't have explained the big drop in signal. Any ideas?

Many successfull flights with the I2. Only flight issue was with not very good range but that seems to be normal. Today, the thing was drifting. Transmission signal break up at about 600ft. Also had a slight wobble that others have experienced when the object avoidance is activated. And generally the flight characteristics just seemed off. The only change I've made recently is to fix the rattling props with a foam insert. This wouldn't have explained the big drop in signal. Any ideas?
Moved to correct section and updated title.

We have terrible signal since updating to the most recent firmware somewhere near the end of July.

DJI is not acknowledging it to be a legitimate problem affecting many people, so it doesn't seem like they are paying much attention to it. But since they also removed our ability to downgrade firmware, I'm stuck now.

We were previously running firmware from maybe April or possibly May? And that worked perfectly. This new firmware is a disaster.

Check see if you're running on 2.4 or 5.8Ghz for the video signal. The setting sometimes seems to change between 2.4 and 5.8 of it's own accord. If it's on 5.8, then change it back to 2.4. The 5.8 is meant to be better in 'congested' wifi signal areas as there's not so much using the frequencies, but the 5.8 doesn't have the range (& 'punch through') that 2.4 has. Also check the RC's antenna orientation is correct - it's all too easy to leave them crossed from storage!!

I agree. Sort of nervous to fly it since the firmware update as my RC will partially shut off where I've noticed the main green led goes off and GO 4 says "Disconnected," yet the other four RC white leds remain lit. I get it back on restarting the RC as I have it set to "Hover in place" and it stops and sits there while I reconnect, and I keep it within eyeshot too (I do not trust this thing at all!), but I'm not to enamored about its operation now and seems to be related to the firmware update.

Too bad it cannot be rolled back to check, but seems that's DJI's new idea to make it better (ahem!).

And now I read on their own forum about the things becoming unglued in flight and crashing. Just swell! :(

Reactions: mpaerial
if it's doing it all the time, then try refreshing the firmware (both I2 and RC), then relinking the RC to the I2 - as well as setting it to run on 2.4GHz.

Hey there Nick,

Yea we checked all that, and even set the band to 5.8GHz and 2.4GHz among other things.

Only thing we haven't tried is refreshing the firmware on I2. Already did that on the remotes ... Actually I had downgraded the remotes in an attempt to have a proper signal, but the video feed after downgrading the RC was unbelievably horrible.

DJI must have done something to the aircraft firmware that has severely impacted the image processing on the I2 side of things.

We're very disappointed. But, going to try to refresh I2 firmware today and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the input!

The guy at DJI support told me today that we could downgrade the I2 firmware by simply clicking "Restore Factory Defaults" in the Assistant app. That obviously did nothing. So discouraging.

Are you all running the latest firmware, and have no issues with RC/HD signal or iOS device overheating?

The guy at DJI support told me today that we could downgrade the I2 firmware by simply clicking "Restore Factory Defaults" in the Assistant app. That obviously did nothing. So discouraging.

Are you all running the latest firmware, and have no issues with RC/HD signal or iOS device overheating?

DJI support does it again! Resetting factory defaults does not revert firmware from what I've experienced

I've flown several hours worth of sorties in the last few weeks with the latest firmware with only one issue (an uncommanded spin, which was easily recovered from). My I2 is on the latest firmware and I use an iPad Air 2 with latest Go 4 app. The iPad hasn't overheated, and doesn't experience much video downlink dropout, but I am flying in areas with little electronic 'noise' in them.

A month or so back you would have been able to downgrade the firmware back to .0330. but due to the firmware hacking that started happening following an update to the Phantom firmware, DJI have removed all older (hackable) version of firmware other than the current one. So, while the ability to downgrade is there in the software/firmware, the firmware file to downgrade with isn't available on the dpi servers, result, you can't downgrade.

As to "reset to factory defaults" downgrading you.... ho hum, DJI's highly inexperienced front line tech support strikes again! It only resets some parameters, not firmware o_O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk