Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Prop balancing

Reaction score
Which method of balancing do members think is best? adding tape to the lightest blade or finly sanding down the under side of the heaviest blade, I like the permanency of sanding down provided not to much material needs to be removed, but then again the tape method can always be redone when necessary.

I'll use both methods, especially if there's a large variance in prop weights. If it's only a minor imbalance, I'll typically sand first since that offers finer control of the weight being shed.

On my racing quads, I go through props so quickly that I don't waste time sanding - it's tape only.

Yes a combination of both methods makes sense if too much material needs to be removed.

I purchased the du-bro prop balancer unit at a hobby store and ordered a rod from directly from them for the QR props. All four of my props were perfectly balanced right out of the box. Anyone else have such luck? I checked and rechecked with the same results.

Can i use the T-Rex 450 linkage rod for the Inspire 1 Threaded props?

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2015-10-03 kl. 18.18.50.png
    Skärmavbild 2015-10-03 kl. 18.18.50.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 22
I like the look of the Du-Bro prop balancer, where can they be purchased from in the UK, Iv'e seen them on eBay, but I'm not a big fan of eBay.

I like the look of the Du-Bro prop balancer, where can they be purchased from in the UK, Iv'e seen them on eBay, but I'm not a big fan of eBay.
Check the Du-Bro website, you can email questions. Maybe they can direct you to a retailer in the UK or maybe ship directly to you.
I too was apprehensive about doing the eBay route. I finally caved when I needed a car part that was only available there. I have to say I've purchased many items since, without any issues. I use PayPal to pay for items. They have a ratings system which you can use check sellers. I've even returned items without hassle.

Thanks Alastair, I will check out their website, failing that I'll go down the eBay route.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool