Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Propellers/Rotor blades

Reaction score
Is there a proven or accepted methodology to when props/rotors should be replaced? I searched the forums but didn't find an answer to this specific question. I have an Inspire 1 v2.0 Pro with the second generation of props/rotors. I inspect mine for visible failure/cracks/feathering before every flight, but I feel a little uncertain about this.

Thanks.

Kev

Is there a proven or accepted methodology to when props/rotors should be replaced? I searched the forums but didn't find an answer to this specific question. I have an Inspire 1 v2.0 Pro with the second generation of props/rotors. I inspect mine for visible failure/cracks/feathering before every flight, but I feel a little uncertain about this.

Thanks.

Kev
If they are of the twist lock variety (rather than the threaded type) then DJI’s recommendation was to swap out after around 200 flights
The reasoning behind this is the cams on the props themselves wear and repeated mounting and unmounting of them adds to the wear.
It’s only a small amount of plastic that effectively keeps the props locked on and so a close eye should be kept on them.
The ‘original’ threaded version as per V1 Inspires do not suffer this problem and a set of props can last years so long as no damage occurs due to strike etc.

Reactions: kattz
OK, thanks. I bought the drone used and it came with two sets of used props and two sets of new props.

I assume that there's no hour meter in the drone systems, so it would probably be best to start fresh with a new set of rotors. The seller said "low hours", but the batteries sent with it were just worn completely out.

Kev

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell