Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

props

i flew the 4th or 5th time with this bird now. i have a first purchase which i crashed and sent it in for repair. this one is a backup that eas sitting in the box and only got it out for updates and occasional test flights... my guess is that one side is not on angle like it should...
so this AC is like out of the box new... any id3as on how to fix that without having to send it in?

The small control arm under the tube going to the motors is a clamp that holds it position. Remove the sticker from it and there is a screw, loosen it adjust the arm and tighten it again

do you think talking to tech service (docunenting via photos) getting "permission" to ""repair"" it myself so i do not loose warranty for a unit taht is about a month old... i have a gig on saturday so sending it back to germany is out of question...
i will ask for detailed explaination on how to and confirmation of doing so. i don't want my warranty to void unless i really don't have a different choice... they have been nice to me fro. day one so i feel positive about them helping me.
will post results :)
thank you for the explaination on how to fix the problem though.
cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr_Dooms
Yes warranty will be void when removing warranty stickers. Unless you can remove sticker without damage as to reapply it later. ;)

This is yet another fine example of how horrible Dji quality control service is.
it is an example yes but the question is how much ppm they have on the units... they sell quite a sum and there is a % that goes wrong. i see it this way coming from an automotive wire harness manufacturing family: there is some ways to handle this.
1. you call them and scream the **** out of tech who is absolutly not responsible for the error and tell you so send it in after you insulted him to the bone...
2.you fix it voiding the warranty the way it is explained or
3. you call them (before you sent an email stating what the issue is) and ask them about the issue and how it can be handeld since you can not send it back and have work with it you kindly try to find a fix and solution to the issue which is documented in e-mail form in ase something happens you are covered. the point in this last chioce one can make is being kind and constructive / understandable that **** happens from time to time and now it was your turn to get a unit not build on a wednesday :D
4. just send it back through the shop, cancel the gig and wait 2 weeks min to cet back everything you sent out...

my choice will be no3. and if that won't be the solver i will have to switch to no 1 asking for some CEO or someone that is able to make desicions (sorry my spelling...)
that would be my very last option besides getting into the car and make a visit at german service center...
:D

Chances of needing warranty work are slim anyway, 99% of crashes are due to user error and repairs are not free. send it in and you won't see it for two months, or remove a sticker turn a screw and fly in ten minutes is what I'd do. Honestly it will probably fly fine the way it is as long as the props won't hit anything during transforming to flight mode. I crashed mine and self repaired it and haven't permanently glued it yet so now one of my motors gets tilted a little during extreme flight maneuvers but it doesn't affect flight at all.

if it would have been the first bird i bought beginning of the year i'd probably do it if it bd my only bird... but this is a month old... and i want to know how service handles this. european service is a cool as i experienced so far and i would like to know what they say and propose.

ok. I do have an update and a REALLY positive experience with the support in Germany... those guys are really doing a great job.
I wrote e-mail with pics explaining what my issue is and then called them. on the phone I asked for permission and they said I should have it exchanged form my shop because they have it on stock and that I will get an e-mail from the tech support guy I talked with on the phone and I can send it to them.
after talking to my shop exchange is no problem and will get a brand new bird today as I bring it in. so I do not have to void warranty, don´t have to send it in and can go flying on saturday and do my job.
I think despite the "bad" experiences there is PLENTY of good around and I can say they really try hard to help one out like in my case. of course that recommends a positive and asking for help attitude and not killing on the phone. I think I did it the right way to ask and we found a good solution since the bird came out bad from factory it get sent back and the shop will receive a brand new one for stock.
this can be an example for others on how problems can be handled.

thank you DJI service tech in Germany :D keep it up.
cheers
m
case closed

if it would have been the first bird i bought beginning of the year i'd probably do it if it bd my only bird... but this is a month old... and i want to know how service handles this. european service is a cool as i experienced so far and i would like to know what they say and propose.
fair enough, maybe european service is faster and better than it is in the usa. I wouldnt want to be without my bird for 2 months, which has been the average turn around times ive been hearing in the usa anyway and this is literally a 10 minute or less fix. if you have local dealer store that would probably be the first thing id try if you want to keep warranty. Ive honestly never had any warranty work required for any product ive ever bought in my life however so im not afraid of voiding warranties, but theres always a slim possibility of a fluke failure where it could save you some money so i understand your hesitation to do so.

Reactions: mdomeny

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb