Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Question for you Nvidea Shield Owners

Reaction score
Guys,

Just about to pull the trigger on an Nvidea (or even NVIDIA) Shield (already have an iPad Mini 2) but just wanted to ask a quick question of the user base on here.

Those of you that are running the Shield... are you all using Lollipop OS without any issues?

Thanks

P.S - Yes I know I can't spell Nvidia :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ok thanks - I'm wondering if I order one now whether it might actually ship with Lollipop (which kind of makes this thread a moot point) but if it doesn't I think I might stay away from the Android upgrade until there are confirmations coming through that all is well.

Guys,

Just about to pull the trigger on an Nvidea (or even NVIDIA) Shield (already have an iPad Mini 2) but just wanted to ask a quick question of the user base on here.

Those of you that are running the Shield... are you all using Lollipop OS without any issues?

Thanks

P.S - Yes I know I can't spell Nvidia :rolleyes:
Yes, using Lolipop with no problem.
http://www.inspirepilots.com/index.php?posts/8676

Enjoy life and be nice

I picked up a shield about a week ago, and it still had kitkat on it, so I went through the upgrade to lollipop. No issues using DJI Pilot with it. Previously I was using a Nexus 7 tablet with lollipop and no issues with the app on that either.

Thanks guys - All updated here to Lollipop. Everything working fine except..... I don't like the interface as much as KitKat :(

Oh well.... That's Progress I guess?

If you are only using this device to run DJI Pilot app, what is the point/benefit of upgrading the OS? Mine has been delivered, but I haven't opened it yet. What benefit would I get out of upgrading the OS before I install the Pilot app?

If you are only using this device to run DJI Pilot app, what is the point/benefit of upgrading the OS? Mine has been delivered, but I haven't opened it yet. What benefit would I get out of upgrading the OS before I install the Pilot app?
Optimized code in the OS resulting in greater efficiency. Less overhead on the processor(s). Lollipop also optimizes the apps.

Have upgraded mine yesterday - As others have confirmed.... DJI Pilot App runs fine on 'L'.

I updated my Shield - it prompted me to upgrade the OS to ver 5. It seems to run well, but not as smooth as on my iPhone.

I flew with it today, but I have my doubts about using it. It makes the remote kind of awkward. Much prefer the iPhone and run the Cinemizer glasses via HDMI port. It's a good combo.

For you shield owners.... How's this 4k output work? Will it play 4k video on screen? Or will it output to a 4k monitor and be fast enough to play it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips