Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RC 1.8 update problem

P

PerthPilot

Just updated pro to 1.8 firmware but when I plug USB stick into RC to update it won't recognise it??
any suggestions

the update went well, batteries were updated. It did take 3 times for the slave to pick up and request an upgrade
and both RC's said loss of signals just keep doing it and it will work ---power down all and power up like a re-boot
This is one of the better updates for me

Why is it I pay premium dollar for a DJI product and I become a beta tester for a mandatory firmware upgrade without any compensation.
That should be the question that most of us are asking and will DJI give us the answer to that question. I have three of their products which all needed firmware upgrades so compound your issues on firmware updates three times for me. Yesterday was a long day for me but success.
DJI need to hire better R&D people that actually do research and development !

Last edited:
Reactions: Peet05
Why is it I pay premium dollar for a DJI product and I become a beta tester for a mandatory firmware upgrade without any compensation.
That should be the question that most of us are asking and will DJI give us the answer to that question. I have three of their products which all needed firmware upgrades so compound your issues on firmware updates three times for me. Yesterday was a long day for me but success.
I feel your pain

Just updated pro to 1.8 firmware but when I plug USB stick into RC to update it won't recognise it??
any suggestions

same problem here, Today, while running the DJI Go App, it said a new Firmware was available (1.8) for the Remote Controller. I downloaded it through the app, and installed. but now cant start aircraft, only travel mode locked. if read notes about firmware, saids upgrade first aircraft....great idea!!, anyone knows how do now?? thanks a lot!!

DJI need to hire better R&D people that actually do research and development !
It's not mandatory (none of them have been apart from a very early one involving IMU issues). If you do not want to update - don't.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Well I did my first test flight since the 1.8 firmware update. My Inspire 1 performed flawlessly. I kept it in the air for the full 18 minutes and did a return to home to bring it back and land it. My Inspire 1 was the hardest of my three (Inspire 1, Phantom 3 Pro & Phantom 4) to upgrade. I did all the transferring of file (firmware) to the SD card, loaded the SD into the slot of the X-3 camera. Kept the RC off and turned on the drone, nothing happened on three tries. I took the chance and loaded the RC and then came back to the drone. The drone loaded but I had an error (No Connection). I was using my ipad mini 3. I switched over to my Nvidia Shield tablet and it worked. remember the ipad operates on IOS and the Shield operates as an android, anyway it worked the connection problem is resolved. I had contacted the DJI help desk who gave me ideas on what might be the problem and two of his ideas was reformat the SD card and reload and remove the Go-app and replace it those ideas probably helped.
Why do I have to be a bata tester, is that the way they do things in China ?

Reactions: Fdnyfish

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide