Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RC signal lost after changing slave to master

Reaction score
I'm having one of those days
Have been busy, busy for the last 3 months, no flights at all.
Got out this am, usb port not connecting to iPad Mini 2 on Master.
Checked all four cables, both Mini 2's, no luck.
Hooked up Slave, no problems, switched to Master and began linking process.
Linked, I have video feed, says RC Signal lost, no control?
I've tried switching tx off in the app, back to slave, back to master, no luck.
I've also tried re-binding, no luck, same message, still have video.
Now, I'm not sure what to do with the original master without the usb port?
I don't think I can re-bind to test it without hooking up to the app?
Not sure what to do about the RC Signal lost problem?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Craig

Ive seen this happen when the firmware version on the remote doesn't match the firmware version of the bird. Double check to make sure that everything is fully updated, Bird, Remote, Batteries. This happen to me recently, I attempted to update the bird while the RC was turned on. I was able to get a good video signal but my IPad kept saying no RC Signal. I turned off the controller, updated the firmware on the bird, and bang RC Signal was restored.

Ive seen this happen when the firmware version on the remote doesn't match the firmware version of the bird. Double check to make sure that everything is fully updated, Bird, Remote, Batteries. This happen to me recently, I attempted to update the bird while the RC was turned on. I was able to get a good video signal but my IPad kept saying no RC Signal. I turned off the controller, updated the firmware on the bird, and bang RC Signal was restored.
Thanks Jason, this is what the app is telling me.
I never updated to the new app, I'm still on Pilot and I'm on the firmware before the autonomous capabilities?
I see several available on the dji site, any idea of which performs best?
Once again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Firmware v.1.6.0.40 is the newest version but a lot of people have not upgraded to it because of the cold weather restrictions.
Firmware v.1.5.0.30 is basically the exact same as 1.6 but doesn't have the limitations when flying in cold weather.

I personally updated to 1.6.0.40 and have been flying in below zero weather, I haven't noticed any significant degrade in flight capabilities, I just feel safer knowing that the bird won't let me push it TOO hard when the battery is cold.

If you fly with a warm battery, even if its super cold outside then the restrictions won't kick in, dispite what other people have posted.

Reactions: Mike Walker
Firmware v.1.6.0.40 is the newest version but a lot of people have not upgraded to it because of the cold weather restrictions.
Firmware v.1.5.0.30 is basically the exact same as 1.6 but doesn't have the limitations when flying in cold weather.

I personally updated to 1.6.0.40 and have been flying in below zero weather, I haven't noticed any significant degrade in flight capabilities, I just feel safer knowing that the bird won't let me push it TOO hard when the battery is cold.

If you fly with a warm battery, even if its super cold outside then the restrictions won't kick in, dispite what other people have posted.
I can't thank you enough, especially for how quickly you've helped out.
Last question, I'm on both forums (IP & DJI), seems to be a bit on confusion about this update
Are you flying a pro? I'm on a version B with X3.
Thanks again
Craig

I don't fly the pro, I have a Version D with X3

There has been ALOT of confusion with the update, and a lot of people have been worrying that the firmware will reduce their ability to control the craft.

Ive been flying model aircraft for many years and have learned the hard way that LIPO batteries don't like to be cold. They don't perform very well and have reduced current output when extremely cold.

If you have a very cold lipo in your Inspire and you try to take off full throttle and full forward stick chances are your battery will shut down because it can't keep up with your current draw.

The limits that are set on the inspire in the new firmware ONLY take affect when the battery is cold, and therefore it protects you from being able to draw too much current from a cold battery and crashing your drone.

if you never fly in cold weather, then the update to 1.6.0.40 wont have any affect on your flying.

There has been ALOT of confusion with the update, and a lot of people have been worrying that the firmware will reduce their ability to control the craft.

Ive been flying model aircraft for many years and have learned the hard way that LIPO batteries don't like to be cold. They don't perform very well and have reduced current output when extremely cold.

If you have a very cold lipo in your Inspire and you try to take off full throttle and full forward stick chances are your battery will shut down because it can't keep up with your current draw.

The limits that are set on the inspire in the new firmware ONLY take affect when the battery is cold, and therefore it protects you from being able to draw too much current from a cold battery and crashing your drone.

if you never fly in cold weather, then the update to 1.6.0.40 wont have any affect on your flying.
Thank you,
i'm staying in the tropics, so no cold flying for me
your help is greatly appreciated,
Craig

Thanks for this very good info, much appreciated.

Regards.

Reactions: Jason Boucher

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth