Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RC signal question

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
2 weeks ago I had 1 of my motor's replaced (Back left motor). It was showing signs that it was on it's way out. The technician had to remove the antenna before replacing the motor. So when putting back everything, he had to re-solder the antenna cable to the antenna before the repair was complete. Yesterday I did a test flight and flew out to 1000 meters. No issues. The HD downlink was constantly scanning for a stable signal though. A local told me the nearby Marina has an antenna that may of been interfering with my signal. When I got out to 1500 meters and stopped to hover. I noticed the RC signal dropped 1 bar when it was full bars. After hovering 1500 meters out, the RC signal went to full bars. While hovering, I even rotated the Inspire and didn't see any difference. What I noticed was the video feed looking terrible as I would rotate it so I can see if there was a difference in signal strength. As I pushed further, the RC would drop again 1 bar. Could this of been the antenna at the Marina causing this interference?

Also, if the re-soldering of the antenna cable and antenna wasn't done properly or it snapped off somehow... How would I be able to tell? I would assume the RC signal would drop and then disconnect before I reach 500 meters out with the rear of the Inspire facing me?

My apologizes if this issue was answered before. I'm just not 100% when the RC signal would disconnect if there was an issue with the antenna soldering.

Thanks in advance! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84