Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

rear facing 1080 or 720p inexpensive camera

Reaction score
I have seen a few videos with various cameras attached to the Inspire 1 and I have my own inexpensive version to add to the list. I purchased a Poloroid Cube camera some time ago for under $100. It takes pretty good video in 5 minute segements for a bit over an hour total recording time. Being about 1 1/2" square I thought it would be a good rear facing camera for an extra dimension on the Inspire. I had some odd pieces of scrap aluminum which I bent and shaped, mounted a large steel washer with epoxy and a screw and secured it to the Inspire with Velcro. The camera attaches by way of a strong magnet to the washer. As its currently 7 degrees outside I haven't tested it in flight yet. Hope my attached pictures give you an idea of what I put together. GoPro has a similar small cube style camera but the mount isn't the same but could be adapted to work

IMG_0384.JPG IMG_0385 (1).JPG IMG_0386 (1).JPG IMG_0387 (1).JPG IMG_0388 (1).JPG IMG_0389 (1).JPG IMG_0390 (1).JPG IMG_0391 (1).JPG
A short clip of the first flight with the Polaroid Cube recording

Last edited:
I got some footage with the Polaroid Cube but I haven't figured out how to post it here. Could use some help with that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool