Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

redundancy

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at replacing my Inspire with a M600 for building inspection work due to the longer flight time and increased redundancy.

Am I correct in that the M600 can fly following the lost of a single battery or propellor/motor/esc - and with the pro version of the A3 there is redundancy in the GPS system?

Is there any redundancy with the flight computer itself? i.e. if the A3 were to fail what would the aircraft do?

Many thanks,

Mike

Hi,

I am looking at replacing my Inspire with a M600 for building inspection work due to the longer flight time and increased redundancy.

Am I correct in that the M600 can fly following the lost of a single battery or propellor/motor/esc - and with the pro version of the A3 there is redundancy in the GPS system?

Is there any redundancy with the flight computer itself? i.e. if the A3 were to fail what would the aircraft do?

Many thanks,

Mike
You are correct.
Redundancy in both the GPS and the Magnetometer (compass) as well as accelerometers and gyros (IMU's)
Multiple power bus also gives redundancy in batteries.
However, if your flight controller fails - you crash! :p

Reactions: davehrot
You might want to check one out in person if you haven't already. The Matrice 600 is a big beast. I call mine the Monstrous 600. Depending on where your inspection work is, you might prefer the size of the Inspire.

Reactions: davehrot
Yes I have some some research and you are right the M600 is big! I might try and find an s800 evo new for sale - could that be converted to fly with two batteries? I have also found a switching unit that can run two flight computers!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Yes I have some some research and you are right the M600 is big! I might try and find an s800 evo new for sale - could that be converted to fly with two batteries? I have also found a switching unit that can run two flight computers!

Hi Mike,

Are you still looking for an S800?

I have an Evo i'm selling. Its done about 6 months light work and flies great. Comes with a GH3 Zenmuse. I use to fly this using two 5200mah packs which gave some piece of mind.

Let me know if your still interested.

Cheers

Neil

Anything can be modified to run a parallel power bus and can be done simply on the PDB with some soldering skills and some heavy AWG cabling. ;)
I'm curious on the flight controller switcher - have you got a link to it?
Thanks

Reactions: wbr3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jj2018