Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Repairs and Maintenance

Reaction score
Hi,
Had a little accident while flying in the house and knocked the propeller support arms out of alignment as it flew into and around the door jamb.
Does anyone know correct angle of the motor to the floor when in transport mode.
Looked to be around 5 degrees but can't get info from the supplier.
I know i know, rule number 1, don't fly drones in the house.

Reactions: RDTech
Thanks aviator, I'm using a digital level and have voided my warranty by adjusting the tiny collar locking scews on both arms, but surely these are necessary adjustments we all might need to make after minor mishaps. Any way of getting a service manual do you think.

Another way to align the legs is to put the AC in flight mode and measure the height to the blade tips, I have posted an image showing this using the QR props,
Note the props should be equal height from the surface as per the image.. hope it helpsheight.jpg

Thanks i will check your measurement, still using the screw on ones, because i have a few.
I do have the QR although i had to question my supplier why the were not automically sent to me.
Are they stiffer than the screw on's as these flex and distort easliy making your way of measuring difficult and inaccurate.

Thanks i will check your measurement, still using the screw on ones, because i have a few.
I do have the QR although i had to question my supplier why the were not automically sent to me.
Are they stiffer than the screw on's as these flex and distort easliy making your way of measuring difficult and inaccurate.
measure them when they arent spinning. if they are flexing and distorting just sitting still you have other problems, lol

Thanks aviator, what i ment was being plastic they arent necessarily perfectly straight, could be they way I'm packing them in the case.

Thanks aviator, what i ment was being plastic they arent necessarily perfectly straight, could be they way I'm packing them in the case.

That doesn't sound good, I don't think I'd be flying with deformed props. They shouldn't bend in the case, there is a special spot to store them so they aren't crammed up against something that would cause bending. Mine flex a little if I apply pressure but they certainly don't stay bent, they pop right back to normal when I let go. If you're storing them incorrectly you might be permanently damaging them which might cause unexpected flight behavior.

Hi SultanGris, I have them stored in the correct place but too many in one place I guess.
The bird fly's perfectly, even with the one side at 12.5 degrees and the other at 5 degrees, just the camera is not parallel to the horizon. I was watching it yesterday while I was deep cycling the batteries and noticed the misalignment so as I've already broken the seals (trying to reset the correct angle which I believed to be 5 degrees previously) I just wanted to set both sides to the correct factory set angle. which no seems to know for sure. If I adjust both sides to 12.5 degrees it will not fit back in to the case when in transport mode but at 5-6 it does. so that gives a clue to the angle.

Yea it should fly fine regardless of angle or even if they aren't the same, the main thing is that the angle provides enough room for the props to clear the body when transforming from landing to flying mode.

The tilted horizon is a common issue they can't seem to fix, some people report that calibrating the gimble fixes it for one flight but it reverts to tilted when you power it off and back on again. Personally I've noticed the degree of tilt is worse to non existent depending which direction the bird is facing.

Thanks, the horizon does seem to vary, at least now with the new software I've noticed on my 2nd controller which I use for video, there is a custom setting for the gimbal which allows you to program up, down, side to side and left and right banking or tilt which seams to fix the horizon problem but not for the pilot if your only using one controller.
I given up trying to guess and set the correct angle, each time I raised then lowered and measure the angle it differed, I locked it each time after adjustment but it varied. I've now come to conclusion its not that critical somewhere between 5 and 7 degrees is fine, as long as you can get it back in the case it must be close to the factory setting.

Great info as I had a little incident involving a sea wall in Somerset [emoji17] and now have to repair a broken boom!! So I have my protractor at the ready for some manipulating.

Ps. Tail wind is a ***** be warned!
Pps. DJi need to stop being dicks about parts and info when needing to repair this investment!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, have you guys all adjusted your prop angles to be 17 cm at max height from ground on the left and right hand sides of the Inspire 1? I'm noticing a difference of atleast 2 cm from one side to the other on my bird.

I would suspect having different prop distances from the ground on the left and right hand side will ultimate effect stability of the drone.

Hi, Bluedog, I have left mine at 5 degrees to the horizontal measured on top of the motor ( no props) this gives me 163 - 165 front to back which allows me to get the AC in and out of the case easily without dragging on the styrene foam. I have flown the AC with one side at 12.5degrees and the other at 5 without any problems in P GPS mode but like you I would of thought it would be a problem. I did notice in ATTi mode it did drift towards the 5 degree setting direction (if that makes sense), but haven't tested it since making them both the same. As Aviator said 7 degrees could be the magic number. Really need to find a few people looking at this thread who have brand new ones to measure either the angle of the motors in raised mode, or the measure like Aviator to get a propeller tip height, as this is a easy adjust for us all to make after a crash, which if its pilot error is not covered by warranty anyway.

Attached are 2 photo's. 1 - is my bird after a slight crash. Notice the left and right Angular height difference of prop when drone is sitting on a flat surface. 2nd Photo show's a marketing image of the Inspire one. Notice how the rotor tips seem more even at tip height.

Do your birds feet sit flat to the ground? Or do your birds feet sit toe out? Feet position affects the rotor pitch as this appears to be glued firmly to the support arm.

Attachments

• PRO-HEIGHT-ISSUE.jpg
    PRO-HEIGHT-ISSUE.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • PRO-HEIGHT-ISSUE1.jpg
    PRO-HEIGHT-ISSUE1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 47
Bluedog You can see quite clearly on the advertisement that the motor top and feet are at an angle, the feet toe in. mine always did but I didn't think to get a measurement from new. I did try the supplier but they didn't want to open up new ones to check for me.
Your right UAV MAN not a good subject, We really need a couple straight out of the box.
Only if you have too, remove the seals and unscrew the socket head cap screw using a 2mm Allen key to turn the collar making sure to fully re-engage the splines when you lock it back up.
Don't undo or tighten the nut at the other end of the split clamp as you need some free play to allow for easy movement of both arms/legs when lifting and lowering, I did adjust and tighten thinking it would make the arms stiffer and it did effect the movement ie only one leg would move in and away from the body, so I loosened them again and all's good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travejars