Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Retrieve Flight Records and Retroactively Create Flight Logs?

rmb

Reaction score
Website
overexposures.net
So, I have been flying for many years since before "GoApps", etc. But, I have only been a 107 Pilot for 6 months. Now that I understand the FAA importance of keeping accurate flight records I have been doing this meticulously ever since. What I would like to do is somehow utilize the historical flight records stored in the GoApp and GoApp 4 to retroactively create a detailed flight log to be able to show would-be clients and officials my extensive flight time and attention to the rules, airspace classes, maximum altitude, etc. I was wondering if anyone knew of the best way to retrieve and aggregate this data into a readable form so that I can transfer it to the existing Excel SpreadSheet Flight log that I now maintain.

A fantastic suggestion. I did upload all of my logs and viewing them on their very efficient sight seems to almost make a local copy less necessary. I am also not sure that you can download more than one flight at a time. Also, I realize that I never uploaded any of my flight data to DJI before sending you my inspire 1 iPads. Oh well ;)

Again, thanks for the advice
Robert

A fantastic suggestion. I did upload all of my logs and viewing them on their very efficient sight seems to almost make a local copy less necessary. I am also not sure that you can download more than one flight at a time. Also, I realize that I never uploaded any of my flight data to DJI before sending you my inspire 1 iPads. Oh well ;)

Again, thanks for the advice
Robert

You are welcome, as far as I know you can only download 1 CSV file at a time from their website. I have contacted them before and they helped me with an issue I had, maybe they can help you with a batch download.

Similar but different situation. I just purchased a used I1 and want to know it's history, hours, flight data, etc...I have a P4P and P3P with DJI logins, do I need to create a new ID for this bird or can I use my newest login for the P4P and just designate which model I'm flying? Also, will that allow me gain access to prior flight logs to see how old this model is and how many flight hours have been put on her? Thanks, John

Just use your login that you fly your P3P on, (Or change it over to the P4P one) and the I1 will appear as an additional aircraft to the P3P in DJI Go, you 'll be able to see combined and separate flight logs/stats. It won't allow you to see it's previous flight history though - that's private to the DJI Login that was used to fly it and doesn't transfer to a new owner.

(You won't be able to use DJI Go4 to fly the I1 - it needs Go3.)

Reactions: SamaraMedia
Just use your login that you fly your P3P on, (Or change it over to the P4P one) and the I1 will appear as an additional aircraft to the P3P in DJI Go, you 'll be able to see combined and separate flight logs/stats. It won't allow you to see it's previous flight history though - that's private to the DJI Login that was used to fly it and doesn't transfer to a new owner.

(You won't be able to use DJI Go4 to fly the I1 - it needs Go3.)

Thanks Nick

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop