Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RTH point Mysteriously changed during flight

Reaction score
Was flying this evening and noticed my RTH point had somehow changed during the flight. If I had lost signal this wouldve been a $5000 problem. Fortunately I was able to bring it home to my location. Out of curiosity I hit RTH, and sure enough it flew back up and started flying away. So i canceled the RTH and landed it safely. How did that happen? When powering up the drone it said it updated the home point. Although, I did not check to see if it was in the correct spot before taking off, as I had never had any issues with it before.

Was flying this evening and noticed my RTH point had somehow changed during the flight. If I had lost signal this wouldve been a $5000 problem. Fortunately I was able to bring it home to my location. Out of curiosity I hit RTH, and sure enough it flew back up and started flying away. So i canceled the RTH and landed it safely. How did that happen? When powering up the drone it said it updated the home point. Although, I did not check to see if it was in the correct spot before taking off, as I had never had any issues with it before.
So when the voice prompt said "Then home point has been updated, please check it on the map" - you didn't!

Does ensuring the home point is set correctly not form part of your preflight checklist?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont