Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
How flies it fellow pilots? Im David from Las Vegas and I just recently started flying recreational drones. For quite some time I was into High Power Rocketry but have set my sights a little lower to terra firma. But there is hope to maybe mingle the two hobbies to see if a new interesting hybrid of fun can be achieved.
I acquired 80% of an Inspire 1 V2 that had been in a terrible crash. At first I thought maybe rebuild it myself, as a mechanic for 30 years I have a hard time letting other folks work on my vehicles, but decided to travel down the used off Ebay road and try to combine the working parts, 2 controllers, batteries, 10 sets of props now, with a known good bird. Well im not sure what I bought but this Inspire 1 T600 was half the price of a refurbished V2 and it binds to the controller for a minute and I was able to transition from travel mode to sitting up on its own. . But Ive got a plethora of questions and im hoping you kind people will take pity on a newbie...I just wanna fly!
Stay cool, Its 112 here and we are heading into our monsoon season...

Reactions: slim.slamma
Welcome @Daveblaster, it is nice to have you here. 110° is probably the norm for you at midnight!

We will try our best to answer your questions. Typically you will get more input and answers if you direct your question to the correct forum area. The mods will help you with that most of the time :) We have a lot of used Inspire 1 copters and accessories so if you need anything let us know.

Pre-Owned

Welcome I live in summerlin matter of fact just heading up to red rock to fly. 79 deg this morning I guess I better put on a sweater. Anyways fly safe!!!

Hello @Daveblaster, welcome to the lower altitudes, ha. Im over in Mountains Edge, definitely my favorite time of year and makes for some dramatic footage. Drop me a line if you want to get out and fly.

-Paul

How flies it fellow pilots? Im David from Las Vegas and I just recently started flying recreational drones. For quite some time I was into High Power Rocketry but have set my sights a little lower to terra firma. But there is hope to maybe mingle the two hobbies to see if a new interesting hybrid of fun can be achieved.
I acquired 80% of an Inspire 1 V2 that had been in a terrible crash. At first I thought maybe rebuild it myself, as a mechanic for 30 years I have a hard time letting other folks work on my vehicles, but decided to travel down the used off Ebay road and try to combine the working parts, 2 controllers, batteries, 10 sets of props now, with a known good bird. Well im not sure what I bought but this Inspire 1 T600 was half the price of a refurbished V2 and it binds to the controller for a minute and I was able to transition from travel mode to sitting up on its own. . But Ive got a plethora of questions and im hoping you kind people will take pity on a newbie...I just wanna fly!
Stay cool, Its 112 here and we are heading into our monsoon season...

Are you in to RC planes and archery? Know an aircraft mechanic ‘Dave’ in LAS that is. “Mingle high powered rockets and drones”....that might attract unwanted attention.

"I am not the David your looking for..." The Jedi mind trick is a very powerful tool. Use it wisely and you too may have more fun than what is allowed. So filming rocket launches from altitude with a camera drone would be taboo? I would think it to be the perfect platform. Putting no soul at risk, taking human error out of the equation, heck it would make recovery a breeze. Speaking of a breeze, one wouldnt have to make the long trek to recover the rocket...now the battle cry be ..."ROCKET IS ON THE MAINS, SEND IN THE DRONE!!!"

Welcome @Daveblaster, it is nice to have you here. 110° is probably the norm for you at midnight!

We will try our best to answer your questions. Typically you will get more input and answers if you direct your question to the correct forum area. The mods will help you with that most of the time :) We have a lot of used Inspire 1 copters and accessories so if you need anything let us know.

Pre-Owned
Thank you! Your very kind!

Welcome I live in summerlin matter of fact just heading up to red rock to fly. 79 deg this morning I guess I better put on a sweater. Anyways fly safe!!!
Still wearing that sweater? Are you flying far enough away nto record any decent lightning strikes? Or is it just to windy where your at?

Hello @Daveblaster, welcome to the lower altitudes, ha. Im over in Mountains Edge, definitely my favorite time of year and makes for some dramatic footage. Drop me a line if you want to get out and fly.

-Paul
My folks live in the So Highlands and Im over by Hdn Exec airport. But yes, I have 3 day weekends every weekend so we should have a fly in. I may not answer right away but i do get to the computer every once in a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6