Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Screen Glitch during hot weather flying

Reaction score
As we are approaching summer temperatures quickly, I'm reminded of some serious issues I was having last year when the temperatures were scorching here in Texas. Every time I would go fly when the temp was above 90 F degrees, my video feed would skip on my iPad screen and turn green. Or large blocks of green and the rest a frozen image for a few seconds, then catch back up, then freeze again. It makes it very difficult to achieve smooth rotating shots, especially when anywhere close to large obstacles. I can't figure out if its an issue with my ipads (I've tried 3), controller (tried 3), or uav (tried 5), and it happens on both Phantom 3 and 4, as well as Inspire 1. Haven't tried any other manufacturer besides DJI and Apple. If you have any other ides as to what is causing this, please let me know. Thanks!

As we are approaching summer temperatures quickly, I'm reminded of some serious issues I was having last year when the temperatures were scorching here in Texas. Every time I would go fly when the temp was above 90 F degrees, my video feed would skip on my iPad screen and turn green. Or large blocks of green and the rest a frozen image for a few seconds, then catch back up, then freeze again. It makes it very difficult to achieve smooth rotating shots, especially when anywhere close to large obstacles. I can't figure out if its an issue with my ipads (I've tried 3), controller (tried 3), or uav (tried 5), and it happens on both Phantom 3 and 4, as well as Inspire 1. Haven't tried any other manufacturer besides DJI and Apple. If you have any other ides as to what is causing this, please let me know. Thanks!
iPad overheating
Ipad overheating with intelligent flight options
Hot weather flying..Arizona

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont