Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Screen resolution question

Reaction score
Is there a way to see HD image quality on the CS screen in Photo Mode, as it is in Video Mode when Broadcasting Mode is switched ON?

I somehow doubt it. Something changed in some recent GO where the still image seems to be a poorer quality jpeg or thumbnail than prior versions. The video screen image, as you found, is a lot sharper also on my iPad Pro than the still camera shot too, but off the SD then it is better. Might be they wanted to keep the app to consume less resources so they downgraded the screen quality in a sacrifice for speed and less image breakup on the screen as the larger still images may be a larger thumbnail jpeg than off the smaller movie frame still which eats into the screen GPU speed.

My two-cent early AM theory.

I somehow doubt it. Something changed in some recent GO where the still image seems to be a poorer quality jpeg or thumbnail than prior versions. The video screen image, as you found, is a lot sharper also on my iPad Pro than the still camera shot too, but off the SD then it is better. Might be they wanted to keep the app to consume less resources so they downgraded the screen quality in a sacrifice for speed and less image breakup on the screen as the larger still images may be a larger thumbnail jpeg than off the smaller movie frame still which eats into the screen GPU speed.

My two-cent early AM theory.
Thanks, that kind of make sense but if there is a HD video feed available during Broadcast Mode why the same quality HD feed is not available when shooting stills? Maybe the range is shorter in Broadcast Mode? But it could be user option to choose between HD and 720p, as that is what I believe it is in Photo Mode as default. The beautiful high res screen of CS is not fully utilized when shooting stills which is a shame.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg