Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Second hand Inspire Woes

Reaction score
OK, bought Second hand Inspire with two batteries one of which was duff. Dead cell;cell two reports in DJI Go App as about 0.2v lower than the other three. Tried the recalibration trick but does not fix it. This the seller was up-front about.

After flight today (on the GOOD battery) got all sorts of weirdness; Inspire reporting as a P3 when DJI Go App connected. App on my tablet saying aircraft needs firmware update...same version of App on phone saying it's fine.

Think to myself - ok, will redo firmware. Download file, save on SD card on aircraft camera, no problem. Realise controller is on about a quarter battery after flight and draining cell to try and fix error (recalibrate). Plug controller in to charge...nothing...no lights, no increase in charge.

Same charger seems to charge batteries for aircraft without problems.

Suggestions to address? Have asked seller if he'd ever had any problems with remote but no answer as yet (it's late here)...

OK, bought Second hand Inspire with two batteries one of which was duff. Dead cell;cell two reports in DJI Go App as about 0.2v lower than the other three. Tried the recalibration trick but does not fix it. This the seller was up-front about.

After flight today (on the GOOD battery) got all sorts of weirdness; Inspire reporting as a P3 when DJI Go App connected. App on my tablet saying aircraft needs firmware update...same version of App on phone saying it's fine.

Think to myself - ok, will redo firmware. Download file, save on SD card on aircraft camera, no problem. Realise controller is on about a quarter battery after flight and draining cell to try and fix error (recalibrate). Plug controller in to charge...nothing...no lights, no increase in charge.

Suggestions to address? Have asked seller if he'd ever had any problems with remote but no answer as yet (it's late here)...
Plug the charger into the remote, switch it on and leave it for around 20-30 minutes......it will begin charging then.

Reactions: SanCap
HAng on - switch the charger on or the remote? (Obviously I've switched the charger on - just checking it's okay to switch the remote on while it's powered?...)

While I'm here...hijacking my own thread...notes on last firmware (which my aircraft says it has) say that it will automatically enter storage mode when gimbal removed. Mine doesn't. Has that been rolled back?

While I'm here...hijacking my own thread...notes on last firmware (which my aircraft says it has) say that it will automatically enter storage mode when gimbal removed. Mine doesn't. Has that been rolled back?
In the DJI APP you select enter travel mode on the menu (you do this with the camera attached) once you detach the camera it will lower into travel mode. That's how mine works...

Reactions: The Editor
HAng on - switch the charger on or the remote? (Obviously I've switched the charger on - just checking it's okay to switch the remote on while it's powered?...)
Switch on the Remote, plug in the charger. Hopefully that will work.

No - just the charger. Leave the remote off. It should then start to charge after the 20-30 minute wait.

OK, does seem to be charging but no indicators. Any way to fix that?

As to travel mode, thanks Steve T. I'll give that a look-see...later.

Since it is second hand try this:
Remove the top, by prying out on the sides and end (slide plastic or thin knife under the clips) there are 8 little clips, 2 on each side. once you have the top off, unplug the little white connector for 20 min and plug back in. this resets the control board. Might help

I wonder if batteries in controller are bad ??? How old is inspire and does it look like it was misused ?

Nah, batteries in controller seem fine...and it's in overall pristine condition, no dings or scratches.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669